Designjet Z2100 44 inch - Windows 8 64-bit - have to reinstall print driver every day (197 Views)
Visitor
tcgcisco
Message 1 of 5 (197 Views)

Designjet Z2100 44 inch - Windows 8 64-bit - have to reinstall print driver every day

Hello -

I've had the Designjet Z2100 44 inch printer a few years.  Awesome printer!  Just upgraded from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 8.1 enterprise  (clean install).   Downloaded the latest drivers from HP.com     Printed out a poster and it looks great!    However, next day I went to print and in the "printer properties" window got a red error:  (1/1) Staus and Service unavailable.  Device may be offline or unreachable at this time

If I remove the printer (from control panel - devices and printers) and reinstall the driver I can print again.

This happens after every print.    Here's what I have tried:

Install HP Utility

Uninstall both, reboot, install HP Utility then Printer Driver

Uninstall both, reboot, install Printer driver then HP Utility

Uninstall both, reboot, install HP utility as ADMINISTRATOR then Printer Driver as ADMINISTRATOR

Uninstall both, reboot, install both using "Windows 7 compatibility"

If I use my old Windows 7 box I don't have this problem.

Any suggestions????

Thanks

Tom

Please use plain text.
Visitor
tcgcisco
Message 2 of 5 (146 Views)

Re: Designjet Z2100 44 inch - Windows 8 64-bit - have to reinstall print driver every day

Some additional information -

I've tried adding a firewall rule to allow all ports/programs/protocols to and from the specific printer IP address

Still same problem.

by the way, doesn't matter what application I print from  (I usually use PowerPoint and Adobe but both of those have the same problem)

and, if I try to print after getting that error message in the printer properties box the print job never shows up in any print queue (and the HP Preview window doesn't open)

At least I don't have to reboot the computer each time, but this is very annoying to remember to have to delete the printer and re-add the printer every time i want to use the Z2100

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Mikeg81
Message 3 of 5 (89 Views)

Re: Designjet Z2100 44 inch - Windows 8 64-bit - have to reinstall print driver every day

Hi,

Are you getting a new IP address when this happen?
Does the printer and the computer keep the same TCP/IP config from the day before?

Best regrds
Mike G
Please use plain text.
Visitor
tcgcisco
Message 4 of 5 (78 Views)

Thanks for the reply -

IP address stays the same.  Network information stays the same.  The IP address is static. 

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Mikeg81
Message 5 of 5 (71 Views)

Do you have the printer IP address or something else on the driver port?

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation