Designjet T610 44" USB- How to update Firmware? (2582 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Ingrid Eberl
Message 1 of 5 (2,582 Views)
Accepted Solution

Designjet T610 44" USB- How to update Firmware?

Hello! Our office has purchased a designjet T610 44" printer and has some issues with it.

I wanted to update the driver and firmware but i can't find a way to do so. The printer is connected to the Computer via USB. The OS is Windows XP SP3.

The user's guide tells me to update the firmware via HP printer Utility or the embedded web server which both doesn't work because the printer does not have a network connection. the user's guide also says that i may update the firmware using HP Easy Printer Care. But it does not say what HP Easy printer Care is, how to get/access it (it is neither provided on the driver CD nor on the HP download center) and how to update the firmware using this software.

This imposes some questions on me:
1. What is HP Easy Printer Care?
2. How do i get/access it?
3. HOW CAN I UPDATE THE FIRMWARE?
4. Are there any risks when updating firmware?
5. Can i lose my warranty when updating firmware?
6. Does a new firmware need a new driver or is there no such connection between firmware and driver?
7. Is it better to first update the firmware, then the driver or the other way round or does it not matter at all?

I hope you can help me out!
regards, i.eberl
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Ingrid Eberl
Message 2 of 5 (2,581 Views)

Re: Designjet T610 44" USB- How to update Firmware?

reading through some topics on the designjet t610 i read things like "you need a usb connection to used the printer with the HP printer utility"

is this true?
can i use the printer utility using a USB connection? and if yes - how? the printer utility can't find any printer and i can only search the network...
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Sajjan Rao R L
Message 3 of 5 (2,580 Views)

Upgrading the firware is suggested only when required . If you any problem in printing or processing huge files for printing or any other related issues.

You will not loose warranty because of upgarding the firmware.

Suggest use updated driver first.

When you are downloading the firmware from HP site there is a readme text which discribes the steps for updrading.

You can download the Easy printer from HP site open the HP website go to support and drivers options and click on download otion and type easy printer care (the download is apprx 23 MB)
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Ingrid Eberl
Message 4 of 5 (2,579 Views)

thanks for your reply!
i updated the firmaware but the printer issues still remain. I started a new thread about it!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Marcus Palmehorn
Message 5 of 5 (2,579 Views)

See my answare i wrote in the other thred you posted.

Marcus
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation