04-12-2009 03:18 PM
I wanted to update the driver and firmware but i can't find a way to do so. The printer is connected to the Computer via USB. The OS is Windows XP SP3.
The user's guide tells me to update the firmware via HP printer Utility or the embedded web server which both doesn't work because the printer does not have a network connection. the user's guide also says that i may update the firmware using HP Easy Printer Care. But it does not say what HP Easy printer Care is, how to get/access it (it is neither provided on the driver CD nor on the HP download center) and how to update the firmware using this software.
This imposes some questions on me:
1. What is HP Easy Printer Care?
2. How do i get/access it?
3. HOW CAN I UPDATE THE FIRMWARE?
4. Are there any risks when updating firmware?
5. Can i lose my warranty when updating firmware?
6. Does a new firmware need a new driver or is there no such connection between firmware and driver?
7. Is it better to first update the firmware, then the driver or the other way round or does it not matter at all?
I hope you can help me out!
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-12-2009 03:38 PM
is this true?
can i use the printer utility using a USB connection? and if yes - how? the printer utility can't find any printer and i can only search the network...
04-13-2009 01:27 AM
You will not loose warranty because of upgarding the firmware.
Suggest use updated driver first.
When you are downloading the firmware from HP site there is a readme text which discribes the steps for updrading.
You can download the Easy printer from HP site open the HP website go to support and drivers options and click on download otion and type easy printer care (the download is apprx 23 MB)