Designjet 500 "Blue Lever" (945 Views)
Occasional Visitor
artmiller
Message 1 of 7 (945 Views)

Designjet 500 "Blue Lever"

Is the "Blue Lever" actually the "Pinch-Arm Lever", or is it the "Media Lever"? Both terms seem to be used in the instruction sheet that came with my replacement part (for the Blue Lever, that is).

artmiller
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 7 (945 Views)

Re: Designjet 500 "Blue Lever"

I think the name for the blue lever is the Pinch Arm Lever and is part of the Pinch Arm Mech since you can not order the blue lever by itself. I have had a couple where I needed to replace just the blue lever and I just removed it from the new mech and removed just the old blue lever and installed the new. Can get a bit tricky as to you have to fiddle a bit to get it on right.
Occasional Visitor
artmiller
Message 3 of 7 (945 Views)

Thanks, David,

You said it's a bit "tricky" to install. Did you have to do anything more than to remove the right end cover and replace the blue lever? Not the rest of the "pinch arm mechanism" or the "back platen"?

Thanks in advance.

artmiller
Honored Contributor
Ralph McGranahan
Message 4 of 7 (945 Views)

I have also replaced just the blue lever, and not the whole assembly that comes with the part. And yes, all you have to do is remove the right hand cover. I did not find anything "tricky" about it, it was rather straight forward.
Rgds
Damn, I'm good
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 5 of 7 (945 Views)

It was a while since I did it but I seem to recall getting the piece that clips onto the blue lever a bit difficult. Maybe my imagination but it did not go on very easy.
Occasional Visitor
artmiller
Message 6 of 7 (945 Views)

Thanks, gentlemen,

I'm ready to do the job today.

I downloaded the service manual, printed the relavant pages, and all concurs with what each of you has said.

Good show!

artmiller
Occasional Visitor
Myron Shepherd
Message 7 of 7 (945 Views)

Has the blue lever been modified by HP?
feeling the pressure of the bar that it moves it does not seem strong enough.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.