Designjet 500 Plus JetDirect Card How To: (440 Views)
Occasional Visitor
stheller
Message 1 of 1 (440 Views)

Designjet 500 Plus JetDirect Card How To:

I am new to the community. I do not know much about designjet plotters. I run a business of my own in IT services but I just don't deal with to many people who have plotters. I have recently started working with a customer who has a designjet 500. His original configuration was a XP laptop with a static IP setup, with ethernet cable going to a paralell jetdirect box plugged into the paralell port on the plotter. This worked fine for him. He has since purchased a windows 7 new laptop. He wants the plotter to work over his Netgear router and with windows 7.  However the drivers were just recently release for windows 7. We tried the Vista 64 originally.  We have the printer setup with windows 7 64bit drivers now. The printer is recognized but we are getting the flushing job error. My question is, Can I just use the jetdirect card I purchased and installed without purchasing a gl2 card? I have checked threads on the net and it seems to just lead me into circles. I would like to make this customer happy by getting his Designjet 500, jetdirect card, Netgear router, windows 7 64bit notebook all communicating together without errors. Please Help.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.