Designjet 450c installing problems on XP (322 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Berry van den Bogaard
Message 1 of 4 (322 Views)
Accepted Solution

Designjet 450c installing problems on XP

I have downloaded the latest driver (pl532en) and installed it on a XP pro computer. The test page will not print. Who know's a solution.
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
CA1109344
Message 2 of 4 (322 Views)

Re: Designjet 450c installing problems on XP

Berry,

If you click on the ABOUT button in the printing preferances what driver version does it show? It should be 4.65 if you installed it correctly. What port is selected in the driver? Make sure you have a parallel cable that is 10' or less and is not using any A/B switches or adaptors - try a new cable if you have one. Make sure the priter port on your computer is an ECP Printer port - this is an option in the PC's BIOS.

Let us know what happens
HHHhhmmm ..... OK
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Berry van den Bogaard
Message 3 of 4 (322 Views)

Dear Scott,

We have replaced the cable and the problem was solved. The old cable had a booster for W98. Now we have a standard cable and it works perfect.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Berry.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Franco Enzo Neri Sandov
Message 4 of 4 (322 Views)

I have a computer with WinXP Pro with SP1 and i have downloaded the driver for HP Designjet 450c for winXP. I follow the instructions on readme.txt for manual instalation and i can't find de HP Designjet 450 item in the list of devices for install. Only can find HP Designjet 430 and some other hp printer. The problem is: if i select a HP DsJ 430, then windows try to install drivers for HP 450 everytime i boot the computer. The drivers-pack (pl532en.exe or pl532sp.exe) have an error?
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation