Designjet 130nr - Green Light Flashing, no power (537 Views)
Collector
Outlando
Message 1 of 4 (537 Views)

Designjet 130nr - Green Light Flashing, no power

My Designjet 130nr is dead. Shut it off two days ago and now it won't power up.

The power buttons on the front have no power.

I have noticed a geen light flashing in the back, on the right side next to the network card (inside the printer, I cannot acces this part).

It seems taht there is power, but it does not get through to the power buttons.

The orange light on the roll feed is on. 

I removed the roll feed and plugged the power cable directly into the printer. No effect.

Any ideas to solve the problem?

Honored Contributor
timwj1
Message 2 of 4 (517 Views)

Re: Designjet 130nr - Green Light Flashing, no power

That sounds like you have a bad power supply, there are several different voltages outputted and you have lost one of them.

If you feel my reply has assisted you in repairing your printer please press the kudos star icon on the left and mark as problem solved. Thank you!

TJ
Collector
Outlando
Message 3 of 4 (512 Views)

Thank you for the reply.

Is there any way I can fix this myself?

Honored Contributor
timwj1
Message 4 of 4 (510 Views)

I've never changed one on that model myself, but I have changed one in the 110 which is in the same family.  The power supply in that one is under the right side cover, you should be able to google power supply for HP 130nr and find the part number and a vendor to purchase one from if you feel you can do it yourself.  HP uses Torx drivers for the screws.

If you feel my reply has assisted you in repairing your printer please press the kudos star icon on the left and mark as problem solved. Thank you!

TJ
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.