Designjet 1050c memory (31 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Steven S
Message 1 of 5 (31 Views)

Designjet 1050c memory

I am upgrading a 1050c with two 64MB modules. I've confirmed that I have the correct memory for this module and have cross referenced the old Kingston P/N and the HP P/N.

When I plug in the new memory the plotter will not initialize and jut sits with 2 dots on the screen. I've exchanged both modules with the vendor so none of the 4 modules I've tried work.

The HP memory uses Samsung chips and I don't know the manufacturer of these I have. The specs cross reference though.

The odd thing though is that we have installed this same memory into two other 1050C's and they work by using the original module and one new one.

Thanks for any help.
Honored Contributor
David Zuts
Message 2 of 5 (31 Views)

Re: Designjet 1050c memory

Are both plotters the same model number. There was a regular 1050C and a 1050C plus. You can tell by the model number where one ends in a B and the other in an A. The models used different memory.
Occasional Visitor
Steven S
Message 3 of 5 (31 Views)

My model ends in A. That was the first thing I checked. I had confirmed this with Kingston directly since they, as well as HP do not support the A model anymore.
Honored Contributor
David Zuts
Message 4 of 5 (31 Views)

Then it would appear you have an issue with the main board which is part of the main electronics module. Since this part is no longer available from hp and aftermarket ones cost almost as much as a new plotter, I would recommend that you use the plotter with the memory that works and just make a change to the driver so the job is controlled by the computer which will make the jobs print a little slower, but the plotter will never run out of memory. In the driver, just go to properties and then printing preferences and then the advanced tab and the first item is control of the print job by the computer or plotter and the default is plotter and just make the change. Hope this helps.
Occasional Visitor
Steven S
Message 5 of 5 (31 Views)

Thanks for the help. It looks like my fears have been confirmed. The reason we are updating memory is because of the slow speed at which this machine completes a print. It is being sent much more info from the newer applications we use. We are otherwise working well.

Once again thanks for your advice.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.