Re: DesignJet T2300 printhead replacement loop (113 Views)
Occasional Collector
tim_sbs
Message 1 of 4 (175 Views)

DesignJet T2300 printhead replacement loop

Got an error to replace the MK-Y printhead, so I purchased a new one and installed it according to the instructions.  After I get the scanner lid closed it starts the 10 minute process, but reaches 100% after 7 minutes then starts the replacement procedure over again.  If I redo it, the loop continues; if I cancel or power-cycle the machine, it throws an error "printhead replacement incomplete" which re-starts the loop.  In addition, after I replaced the MK-Y, it's giving me a different replacement error on the PK-M printhead.

I'd like to avoid paying a service fee if at all possible, has anybody else run into this or have any ideas?  I've tried searching but had no luck finding a solution.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Mikeg81
Message 2 of 4 (149 Views)

Re: DesignJet T2300 printhead replacement loop

Hi,

Try this

- Clean the electrical contacts on the carriage. If there is a bad contact the printe might not recognize the PH

- Clean the Drop Detector. Clean the top part of it, not inside. (See picture)

- Make sure the ik levels on the ink cartridges are above 30%

- If you are using non-HP ink, try HP ink

DD.jpg

Best regards

Mike G

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
gringod
Message 3 of 4 (122 Views)

Hi, If the printer thinks there is not enough ink in the cartridges to do the printhead replacement, it will keep saying the "incomplete".

Make sure your cartridges are over half way full.

If they feel light replace them for the printhead repalcement them put them back later.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Collector
tim_sbs
Message 4 of 4 (113 Views)

@Mikeg81 - Thank you, that got the installation for the initial problem printhead finished!  Didn't even notice the bit of gunk when I was replacing it, but once I knew where to look I got it cleaned up.  

@gringod - That is my next step.  It doesn't make sense to me, but if that's what it takes, that's what we'll do.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation