Re: DesignJet 650C (A) Model Network Setup Issue (108 Views)
Occasional Contributor
BrassHat
Message 1 of 6 (254 Views)

DesignJet 650C (A) Model Network Setup Issue

Hello, I recently purchase (2) of these units, they both came ready to go Paper and All.  They both have the JetDirect Card.  I go through the Netowrk Setup I have found here, and no luck.  I did run them direct with a parallel cable no issue, so I know they work.  I even switched the JetDirect cards inbetween the Units.  So I know it is ME!  When I do the network setup nothing, so Ireturn to the network setup and all of the values are again set to "No"  I have read it reread it, and I beleive I am doing it correctly, but nothing.  I am running it through a Netgear Router, but I beleive the lack of ability to "Save" the settings is the issue.

Any help would be appreciated, I am even up to receive a call if required.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
BrassHat
Message 2 of 6 (167 Views)

Re: DesignJet 650C (A) Model Network Setup Issue

Me Again.  Does the JetDirect Card need to be "enabled" or turned on in the printer.  Just a thought.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
BrassHat
Message 3 of 6 (166 Views)

Also.........  I tried a cat 5 cable with the ends configured to (AT&T) T568B.  Then I tried a crossover (learning some of the se terms with one end the (AT&T) T568B, and the other end is the T568-A.  Still nothing.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Bob Headrick
Message 4 of 6 (149 Views)

The network setup for the 650c is a bit non-intuitive.  When you go through the network setup the CFG Network=NO will appear, pressing enter at this point will configure the network (even though the menu will return to no...).  At this point print a config plot, about halfway down the page the printer will list the IP address.  You can use this address in the port setup of the driver.

{-- If this helped click the Kudos star.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
BrassHat
Message 5 of 6 (140 Views)

Sent you a PM. Thanks Bob!
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Bob Headrick
Message 6 of 6 (108 Views)

The Designjet 650c with a JetDirect card can be connected directly to a router with a standard (non-crossover) cat5 cable.

To print the diagnostic page (and find the IP address after configuring the network) do the following:  with the status panel in the "Ready" state press Enter, then press the down arrow until Utilities appears in the menu.  Press Enter, then press down arrow until Config Plot appears, then press Enter.

{-- If this helped click the Kudos star.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation