Re: DesignJet 450C Windows XP System Driver (101 Views)
Occasional Visitor
T Foley
Message 1 of 4 (121 Views)

DesignJet 450C Windows XP System Driver

We have the HP 450C shared on an NT 4.0 workstation in one department. Other NT workstations print correctly to the printer from AutoCAD 2000.

We recently added an XP Pro workstation to this department, I added the printer using the Add-a-plotter Wizard in AutoCAD following AutoCAD instructions to use the Windows system printer.

When drawing are plotted from the XP workstation, the entire drawing is shifted the the right (off the paper) by almost exactly the one-half of the width of the paper.

I d/l and installed the PL532en driver for AutoCAD 2000 / XP, with the same results, only half of the drawing is printed.

I was sure this had to be a driver problem.

Ideas?

Thanks
Respected Contributor
Robert_100
Message 2 of 4 (121 Views)

Re: DesignJet 450C Windows XP System Driver

Did you install the Autocad printing patch Plotupdate.exe?
Find it on the Autodesk site http://usa.autodesk.com/ by doing a search for "plotupdate.exe english"
Occasional Visitor
PhilH101
Message 3 of 4 (105 Views)

Where can I simply download a Driver for my Designjet 450C?

I deleted an old HP desktop printer driver & this must have upset my 450C driver.

I have keyed in my seriel number as requested & my Model Number but a HP Pop-up tells me this is not recognised

I have checked & rechecked these Numbers but still the same negative response.

It is obvious that HP do not want to know about 'old' HP equipment - why don't they just say so instead of trying to frustrate users?

All of my equipment (up to now) has been HP & I am so disappointed with this failure to honour the requirements of their loyal customer base.

Valued Contributor
D Hook1
Message 4 of 4 (101 Views)

What operating system are you using?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.