Re: DesignJet 4000PS 79-04 - Only when network cable is plugged in (118 Views)
Occasional Visitor
insomniac7769
Message 1 of 2 (122 Views)

DesignJet 4000PS 79-04 - Only when network cable is plugged in

Hey all, Thanks for helping in advance.

I have 3 of these plotters in my building and I have just upgraded to the latest firmware to try to resolve witout any luck. It started where we would lose the static settings and they would revert to DHCP. Well, I disabled that scope on the server so they are keeping their IP now.  Now if I boot them up with the network cable plugged in I will get the 79-04 error. If I leave the cable unplugged it will boot just fine but the minute I plug it in, it will error. This is happe ning to all 3 machines... I have cleared the printers off the print server and recreated without any luck as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Honored Contributor
timwj1
Message 2 of 2 (118 Views)

Re: DesignJet 4000PS 79-04 - Only when network cable is plugged in

I have had similar problems with a Z3200 in regards to the printer looking for communication from the server via DHCP and not getting it due to the server changing the port it communicated through. I hooked up a laptop to the printer via a crossover cable and it worked just fine. The problem was a server issue. I am not sure how you have your server setup for printers, but if you can connect via a laptop or desktop computer and can ping that IP address then you have an issue with how your server is communicating with it.
If you feel my reply has assisted you in repairing your printer please press the kudos star icon on the left and mark as problem solved. Thank you!

TJ
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.