DesignJet 4000 Not Printing from Mac OS X (385 Views)
Occasional Visitor
slowlearner79
Message 1 of 2 (385 Views)

DesignJet 4000 Not Printing from Mac OS X

Hello all:

I'm at my wits end attempting to print from several Mac's running OS X to an existing DesignJet 4000 on a network. I have attempted configuring the DJ4k on three different Macs using several different methods within the OS (Default, IP, Windows and Advanced). Communication appears to take place between the two, but no job prints out. Using the IP method via JetDirect, I can actually get the DJ4k to prepare the print job, but the front display says 'Nesting print job' for about 40 seconds, then it says its printing, but nothing happens. I've tried using the generic postscript driver, as well as manually choosing the HP DesignJet 4000ps via browsing available drivers within the OS.

The funny thing is, it's only happening with the Macs in our network. There are several Windows machines printing to the DJ4k just fine. 

Any suggestions? We have a new employee starting soon, and I'm responsible for setting up his Mac and establishing connectivity between his new machine and the HDJ4k, but I'm stumped!

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Tom Gent
Message 2 of 2 (267 Views)

Re: DesignJet 4000 Not Printing from Mac OS X

To Print from OSX you Need a PS version of the printer not an HPGL printer, so you could a demo version of http://www.microspot.com/products/xrip/index.htm to see if this works, im sure it will i have customers using it
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation