Cutter on designjet 110 plus not working (528 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Nigel Hennigar
Message 1 of 10 (528 Views)

Cutter on designjet 110 plus not working

I have set up my designjet 110 plus on my network, everything works fine except that the paper is not cut after the document prints. The box with "disable automatic cutter" is not checked. Can anyone help?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Carl Hennig
Message 2 of 10 (528 Views)

Re: Cutter on designjet 110 plus not working

Before you take any action, try getting the DJ11onr to trim the paper.
The DJ110nr cuts the paper using the print head assembly, dragging the cutter from left to right then returning it to the left side.
Load the roll of paper, then press the OK button. The printer, if it is working properly, will trim about 15mm off the leading edge.
Watch the process as it cuts. Is the cutter moving accross the paper?

If the cutter is not fastened properly, the print head assembly cannot catch it. Look at the diagram at:
http://h20141.www2.hp.com/hpparts/SearchDiagram.asp?mscssid=F7TLG7373V9D9KA2QKD7NKW32JSC5MNE
Check the two screws holding the cutter assembly.

Carl
http://carl.hennig.ca/DesignJet
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Nigel Hennigar
Message 3 of 10 (528 Views)

Hi Carl

Your document didn't show up, when i installed the cutter and powered the printer it moved to the far left, how do i get it to return to the original position so i could re-install it? could you possibly email me the diagram? my address is nigelhennigar@omcsci.com.

Regards

Nigel Hennigar
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Carl Hennig
Message 4 of 10 (528 Views)

This is the non-hp link. Sorry about that.
http://www.everprint.com/online/partsdetail.aspx?imageID=630&ON=1

The far left is the home position. Did the trim operation try to pick up the cutter?

Could you load the paper? If so, a roll icom will appear on the front panel.

Carl
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Nigel Hennigar
Message 5 of 10 (528 Views)

Hi Carl

Thanks for the reply and the link. I installed the cutter and the roll feed following the instructions that came with it. when i powered the printer up for the first time the cutter moved from the install location down to the far left and has not moved since. what i need to know is how do i get the cutter back up to the install position so i can re-install it. I followed the instructions to the letter when installing the cutter but it did not seem right so i would like to remove it and re-install it. can you tell me how to do this?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Carl Hennig
Message 6 of 10 (528 Views)

With the printer unplugged from the power, lift the top lid and grasp the cutter and slide it to the flap in the front panel. Lift the flap and undo the screws.

The cutter should slide smooth and free from left to right without hesitation.

If it does not move freely, you have installed it incorrectly.

Carl
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Nigel Hennigar
Message 7 of 10 (528 Views)

Carl

I have tried that, no luck with it. the actual wheel on my cutter is quite stiff and was this way since it arrived. Is it possible that the cutter is faulty?

Regards

Nigel
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Carl Hennig
Message 8 of 10 (528 Views)

The cutter should slide smooth and free from left to right without hesitation.
The assembly "slides" on the rail. It is dragged accross the paper by the print head assembly.
Does the cutter assembly move freely?
There is a small tab on the back of the cutter assembly that is caught by the print heads. If this tab is missing, the cutter is defective.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Nigel Hennigar
Message 9 of 10 (528 Views)

Carl

The tab is there.However, The cutter does not move freely, i have tried many ways to sit it on the rack. as i said the wheel on the bottom of the cutter does not move freely at all, it is quite stiff.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Carl Hennig
Message 10 of 10 (528 Views)

Remove the cutter assembly. Place a small drop of light oil on the wheel shaft. Rotate the wheel several time until it turns without sticking. Clean up any excess oil on the wheel and re-install the cutter.
The cutter should slide smooth and free.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation