Re: ArcMap Not Nesting to T2500PS (75 Views)
Occasional Collector
The_Natural
Message 1 of 4 (128 Views)

ArcMap Not Nesting to T2500PS

I am having trouble getting our T2500PS to nest prints that come from ArcMap. It seems to nest them from Notepad just fine.

Firmware info (appears to be latest):
Firmware version: MRY_02_00_05.6
Published: Apr 10, 2014 4:46:44 PM

Driver info:
Problem occurs with both the 61.133.1621.100 version of the T2500PS driver and the 61.141.1813.100 version of the Designjet Universal Print Driver. I'm using the GL/2 version of the driver.

Printer Settings:

Nesting is set to "Optimized Order", Queue is "On", and Start Printing is set to "After processing". The nesting wait time is set to six minutes.

I have the printer set with a custom page size of 16x16. We are printing two copies of the same map by choosing two copies in the driver. The roll size is 36 inches. I expect them to print side by side, but instead they print one on top of the other wasting paper.

As a troubleshooting step, I printed a sentence from Notepad using the same settings I use while in ArcMap. The prints nest and print side by side perfectly.  This seems to suggest that the printer and driver are set up properly.

Observation: When I send the print from Notepad and it nests, it waits six minutes before printing.  When I send the print job from ArcMap, it doesn't wait 6 minutes. It begins printing within a minute.

I'm hoping someone else has had this problem and may provide a fix.

Valued Contributor
Mikeg81
Message 2 of 4 (96 Views)

Re: ArcMap Not Nesting to T2500PS

Hi,

Here is the list of rules to be able to nest

• All pages must have the same print quality setting (Economode , Fast , Normal or Best ).

• The Maximum Detail setting must be the same on all pages.

• The Layout/Margins setting must be the same for all pages.

• The Mirror Image setting must be the same for all pages.

• The Rendering Intent must be the same for all pages.

• The Cutter setting must be the same for all pages.

• The color adjustment settings must be the same for all pages. See Color adjustment optionsColor adjustment options .

• Pages must be all color, or all grayscale: not some in color and some in grayscale.

• All pages must be in one or other of the following two groups (the two groups cannot be mixed in the same nest):

• HP-GL/2, RTL, TIFF, JPEG

• PostScript, PDF

• JPEG and TIFF pages with resolutions greater than 300 dpi may not nest with other pages in some cases.

As a work arround, try saving the file as PDF and print 2 copies from Adobe reader.

Best regards

Mike G

Occasional Collector
The_Natural
Message 3 of 4 (80 Views)

Thank you for your reply, Mike.  I eventually found the fix was to UNCHECK the collate option next to the multiple copies.  Once I did that, nesting started working.  You may want to consider adding that to your nesting rules.

Valued Contributor
Mikeg81
Message 4 of 4 (75 Views)

You are right.

Thanks a lot

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.