Winprint Print Processor reverts to HP Print Processor on Server 2008 r2 (2499 Views)
Occasional Contributor
mcurley99
Message 1 of 5 (2,499 Views)

Winprint Print Processor reverts to HP Print Processor on Server 2008 r2

Running Server 2008 r2 and had many server-based hp print queues set up with UPD Release 5.1.1.8232. and after initial install, the print processor on each print queue showed hpcpp107. I manually changed the print processor on each print queue to Winprint and RAW. This seemed to work okay. Several hours later, received calls that print jobs were failing. Looked at print processor on queues and on each queue it had reverted back to hpcpp107. I Could never get the queues to successfully print with this processor or with Winprint, so I upgraded the UPD driver on the server to UPD Release 5.3.1.10527. Changed the driver version on each print queue to this new driver version, set print processor to Winprint and am now able to print. Any ideas why in earlier situation, winprint on queue reverted back to hpcpp107?

Occasional Contributor
pguimarin
Message 2 of 5 (1,399 Views)

Re: Winprint Print Processor reverts to HP Print Processor on Server 2008 r2

I am running into almost the same exact situation.  But my printers revert back to hpcpp130.  My team systematically went through every printer and changed them to WinPrint but just recently they all reverted back.  I hope we can get some answers.  Not had any luck on these forums so far with other issues.

HP Pro
5dollars
Message 3 of 5 (1,365 Views)

Reviewing the release notes shipped with past versions of the UPD the following issues below were marked as 'Resolved' in that version release of UPD.  Therefore it is probable the issue you encountered and resolved with your upgrade to UPD v5.3 was a result of a code change made to the UPD.

• 4.7.2.38 (61.84..05.38) CR#2716 When installing UPD, Print Processor reverts from WinPrint to HP Print Processor
  • 5.0.0.106(61.91.12.106) CR#2716 When installing UPD, Print Processor reverts from WinPrint to HP Print Processor
  • 5.3.1.10527(61.115.1.10527) CR#8684 Print Processor not updating when an existing UPD queue is upgraded to a new driver version.

You should also be aware of the  following - cut/pasted from the UPD Sytems Administrator Guide...

Print Processor
The HP print processor (hpcppXXX where XXX is based on the driver version such as hpcppp140 for UPD
5.6.0) provides additional functionality for numerous page manipulation features when compared to
the standard print processor (WinPrint) available with Windows. The HP print processor is used in the
newer HP Unidriv-based drivers, and is one of the essential components in HP driver architecture. The
HP print processor provides functionality such as collation, booklet making, scaling, watermarks, and Nup
ordering of pages.

The HP print processor is the HP tested configuration for the HP UPD. Non-HP print processors are not
supported.

If you continue to have problems the best path is to create a new UPD printer (printer object) using the most current version of UPD from www.hp.com/go/upd, use the UPD default print processor, and conduct your test to reproduce your witnessed issue.

Regards

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Pro
Rubenator
Message 4 of 5 (1,362 Views)

maybe it will be easy, just create powershell script, and export all info in excel, instead of go on server and check every print queue
HP Pro
5dollars
Message 5 of 5 (1,354 Views)

Go to www.hp.com/go/upd, select DOWNLOAD and retrieve the HP Print Administrator Resource Kit (PARK).  In the park is a tool Migrate Server Tools.  Check the contained release notes- this tool has many capabilities.  Find tool EnumPrinters.  On the server, run

C:\enumprinters "server_host_name" - csv server_host_name.csv

This tool only creates a log file.  In Excel, open the CSV file, comma delimated format, to view each printer's settings, including the print processor.  Read the release notes- you can use Server-Migrate-Tools solution to change the processor for only selected printer in batch mode.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.