WJA 10.1 Migration to 10.3 (205 Views)
Occasional Visitor
fdev
Message 1 of 3 (205 Views)

WJA 10.1 Migration to 10.3

Hello,

I'm looking at updating the current WJA 10.1 system (SQL 2005 Express) on Win2003 (32bit). The plan was to build WJA 10.3 (SQL 2008 Express) on Win2008 (all 64bit) and somehow migrate the settings. The problem is that I'm having trouble working out how the config and data can be migrated from 10.1 to 10.3.

Is anyone able to advise on the best way to go about this?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
WolfgangTheis
Message 2 of 3 (86 Views)

Re: WJA 10.1 Migration to 10.3

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I just found this post after searching for a while. 

Did you get any answer on the subject? I'm facing a similar problem. I'm planning on migrating from 10.3 SR4 on a Windows Server 2003 R2 32bit to 10.3 SR6 on a Server 2008 R2 or - if possible - 2012 R2. 

Since this is 64bit, I'm kind of stuck at the same step here. Any advice on a "Best Practice"?

Thanks,

Wolfgang

Please use plain text.
Advisor
KPITT
Message 3 of 3 (65 Views)

Re: WJA 10.1 Migration to 10.3

I have done something similar a while back (32 bit -> 64 Bit).

I first backed up everything including the install package of WJA I was replacing in case you had to go back.

What I then did was update the existing server to the 32 Bit version of WJA I wanted then ran a full backup again.

I then copied the files across to the 64 Bit server and restored them on to a fresh WJA 64 Bit same version.

I believe there was one file I had to modify for the different server name but you can find that information in the read me files, I think it was under cloning.

Do use the batch files supplied by WJA modified for your environment.

If you are going to WJA 10.3 SR6, install . net framework 4.5.x before you start.

Do read the supplied documentation, there are changes to DB values.

It will modify your existing templates etc, some things may stop working, check everything when you are done.

Do run discoveries on all existing devices (run an export and build a discovery file so you can do this by exact ip).

Rerun the discovery several times (depending on size of network).

The first launch after upgradin can be slow, do not panic and mess with it.

Honestly, since I am experiencing issues with 10.3 SR6, if I had to - I would go 10.3 SR5 for the moment.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation