Unable to install HP C3140 on Dell Dimensions 4100 running winME (24 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Patricia Pedraza
Message 1 of 1 (24 Views)

Unable to install HP C3140 on Dell Dimensions 4100 running winME

After months of frustrating attempts to install a HP C3140 bought in Nov 2006, I had to buy an Epson printer.
The HP C3140 seemed to be installing fine until the last stages of installation. There, an error message popped up consistently after every attempt saying "The copy functions cannot be used. Installation was not successful. Error report collection is complete. This information may be needed to diagnose the install failure".
Then, after the report is sent another message comes back stating that HP is unable to fix the problem. I tried to get online support and after 3 FAILED LONG SESSIONS I looked for an independent computer support person, but also failed to install.
IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE HP HONOR ITS PROMISE OF GOOD PRODUCTS AND GOOD SUPPORT. Instead I had to resort to buying another printer and forget about the new unistalled c3140.
Would there be someone in the company willing to help?
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation