JetDirect 500x for Windows 7 (2914 Views)
Occasional Visitor
lockardl
Message 1 of 5 (2,914 Views)

JetDirect 500x for Windows 7

Is there a version of the JetDirect 500X install printer softwar for Windows 7.... I have the software for XP but it does work on Windows 7. It finds the printers attached to the 500x, but as I go through the process it gets to the last step and stops stating printer driver problem.... I have the HP Laserjet 4L added to the system as a local printer, but the JetDirect S/W has a problem with it.
Honored Contributor
Bob Roell
Message 2 of 5 (2,914 Views)

Re: JetDirect 500x for Windows 7

The 500x is so old, don't expect to ever find anything new from HP for it.

The good news is that you don't need any software other than the printer driver. In any version of Windows since Win-2000, simply create a "Standard TCP/IP port" using the IP address of the 500x, then use the "Add printer" method to install the printer driver.
If you don't have time to do it right the first time, where do you find the time to fix it later?
Occasional Visitor
arthur277
Message 3 of 5 (2,058 Views)

The JetDirect 500X may be 'old', but it still works perfectly well on networks and not everyone has networked or USB or wireless printers. I have an HP4P(can't be found on the HPP site) for which I can still get cartridges and it works perfectly well. Unfortunately in their 'wisdom' HP seem to want me to chuck it in the bin, (no Win 7 64bit driver) and many of the PC and laptop manufacturers do not even provide a paralell port on their motherboards. I also have an HP OfficeJet T45(also no Win7 64bit Driver) which also still works perfectly well and in order to use these two items I have to send my  material to a Windows 2000 PC and then get it printed that way. This is not the way to encourage people to stop polluting the earth by throwing away serviceable kit .

Occasional Visitor
samara
Message 4 of 5 (1,844 Views)

Is there a version of the JetDirect 500X install printer softwar for Windows 7.... I have the software for XP but it does work on Windows 7.  It finds the printers attached to the 500x, but as I go through the process it gets to the last step and stops stating printer driver problem....Kindly please send me a procedure how to ugrade to windows 7 .

Thanks a lot...

Occasional Visitor
samara
Message 5 of 5 (1,843 Views)

Any Procedure Sir how to do it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.