Re: J3113A Jet Direct Firmware fails to upgrade (186 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Jerry Jaynes
Message 1 of 3 (186 Views)

J3113A Jet Direct Firmware fails to upgrade

I have multiple HP's, but the 8500 in question, I am upating from 8.04 to 8.32. I only get to where it is starting the download and it tries to reboot the jetdirect and then says that it "stalls". It then fails, repeatedly. The software says that I should try to use the serial option. This seems to be a copout and since I am remote to several of my printers, darn inconvenient. Any suggestions??
Never let 'em see you choke!!
Please use plain text.
(anon)
Message 2 of 3 (186 Views)

Re: J3113A Jet Direct Firmware fails to upgrade

Hi Jerry,

I suggest you check the device. If you have DHCP running, or BootP, and the JetDirect is getting a different IP address, this could be why it's "failing". Chances are good that the firmware has already been upgraded.

The other reason it's failing could be distance... routers, switches, etc. could be causing a timeout error.

Dion
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Jerry Jaynes
Message 3 of 3 (186 Views)

Re: J3113A Jet Direct Firmware fails to upgrade

Dion,

Thanks, for the ideas, but no joy on all fronts. I had already checked most of them. The last one, to see if it was going through a router that was causing a problem, was a no in this case. I have less than 10ms response time on a tracert.

I have even reseated the jetdirect card. Any other suggestions??
Never let 'em see you choke!!
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation