Install network printer with PCL5 and PCL6 drivers (62 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Nick_Key
Message 1 of 3 (62 Views)

Install network printer with PCL5 and PCL6 drivers

I install network printer to workstations.
Printer connected to workstations with network script
objNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection printerShare
Users have not administration permisions to workstations. Printers (HP LaserJet 4350, HP LaserJet 9050) with PostScript driver correctly installed to workstations, but printers (HP LaserJet 4350, HP LaserJet 9050) with PCL5 and PCL6 driver installed with errors. Are not openned properties a printer and not printed test page. If reboot workstation that mistakes disappear.
I think script can not copy all files a driver on workstation.
Right click on the printer > Select properties > alert
"Function address 0x4f55fefd caused a protection fault. (exception code 0x0000005) Some ar all property page(s) may not be displayed"
Then open printer properties, but
Print test page > window "Test page failed to print......"
Then reboot workstation > all ok, test page printed
Only PCL5 and PCL6 drivers HP. Drivers PCL6 other vendor correctly installed to workstations.(Drivers from HP CD)
Occasional Visitor
Neale Eglinton
Message 2 of 3 (62 Views)

Re: Install network printer with PCL5 and PCL6 drivers

We currently have users with the same protection fault when we connect the 4350 by the 'AddWindowsPrinterConnection' method. If the printer is added manually by the user via 'printers and faxes' there is no problem. We have used this method for adding print queues for years with no problem. Anyone else experienced this and found a resolution?
Occasional Visitor
IT Resource Center (for
Message 3 of 3 (62 Views)

Re: Install network printer with PCL5 and PCL6 drivers

I have noticed that if you recreate a new print queue with DLL version 2007 no issue in bringing up the Printing Perferences for the same HP Print model. Tried updating the print driver from 2005 to 2007 but failed. Deletig and recreating the new print queue with new driver may resolve the issue.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.