HP jetdirect ex plus change ip address and gateway (721 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Jan Davis
Message 1 of 4 (721 Views)

HP jetdirect ex plus change ip address and gateway

We recently changed from Verizon to comcast and our IP address and gateway changed. When the HP 1200 laserjet wouldn't print we removed it and were hoping it would reinstall when we rebooted..no such luck.
We checked the jetdirect ex plus configs and it shows the IP address and gateway need to be changed but we can't figure out how to do that.
We powered off the jetdirect and when we powered it up held the test button down, hoping it would assign new IP address but again, no such luck.
Can anyone help me to get this working again?
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 4 (721 Views)

Re: HP jetdirect ex plus change ip address and gateway

Depending on the model some has a little reset button you have to press. Another method is to go th Hp.com and under drivers and software, put in the exact model of you printserver and download the simple network printing software and it should find and setup the printserver for you.
Occasional Advisor
CA1448987
Message 3 of 4 (721 Views)

i don't recall, but this jetdirect may not support telnet if it has really old firmware.
I think the firmware has to be at least x.3.16. Print a configuration page from the jetdirect to see and also see what it says for its "config by" settings. I think it may be bootp.
maybe comcast could help if it does require bootp.

if it does support telnet you could take a computer and change it's ip address to match the settings of the jetdirect (different ip of course) and then try to telnet to the jetdirect. from there you can change it's ip address. then change your computer back.
Occasional Visitor
N4QLD
Message 4 of 4 (268 Views)

Worked great!  Make sure you read the telnet screen, you have to type quit to save the settings.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.