HP Web Jetadmin default login credentials (5084 Views)
Occasional Visitor
JoeyJoeJoe70
Message 1 of 3 (5,084 Views)

HP Web Jetadmin default login credentials

Hi,

Recently installed HP Web Jetadmin (Windows 7 64-bit) and when I first open it after install, I am not prompted for a username and password, but subsequently, I get prompted and I do not know what to enter. The username is admin but I have tried "passsword", "admin", 'admin1", etc. but have had no luck.

If I reinstall, it works fine the first time but keeps prompting me each subsequent time.

Thanks,

JJJ

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
BikeRider
Message 2 of 3 (5,074 Views)

Re: HP Web Jetadmin default login credentials

Hi JJJ,

WJA uses single sign-on and if your current Windows user has admin rights on the system WJA should simply launch without promting you for credentials.  If your current Windows user (either AD domain account or local user) isn't in the local Admin group at the WJA server or isn't IDed inside of WJA itself you'll have to enter an account into the WJA login prompt that has local admin rights.  See the white paper at: http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01840730/c01840730.pdf for more details.

Thanks,

IDDT

Thanks,

I work for HP and my posts and responses to posts are my own.

BikeRider
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Slip7000
Message 3 of 3 (1,089 Views)

Re: HP Web Jetadmin default login credentials

Hi all

im struggling with this...

I have setup a new printer with the new admin password but cannot remember the admin password to logon to the printers page, is there any way that I can reset the Jetadmin to default of factory default

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation