cannot load windows xp or windows 7 on rp5700 (716 Views)
Occasional Visitor
doggrell3000
Message 1 of 2 (716 Views)

cannot load windows xp or windows 7 on rp5700

i cannot load windows xp3 or windows 7 pro on my used hp rp5700 .  i bought the rp5700 from borders books for 75 bucks when they went belly up .  it has been working fine for about six months or so .  i removed all the point of sale harware which i obviously do not need .  anyhow i decided to load a new operating system ( either win xp or win 7 pro or even win 8 ) but first i wanted to format the small 80 gig seagate hard drive before i load the operating system .  well i can't say the pop up message didn't warn me but i not only formatted the seagate i also deleted the hard drive which is now blank .  this was a bad idea .  now none of my windows operating systems - even win xp3 - will load on the hard drive saying something about  " unable to find device drivers " or " cannot find a partition on the hard drive " .  so i attempted to load the drivers from a driver list on hp's website but the dialogue says it cannot find any appropriate drivers on these lists .  please tell me how to load what the hp rp5700 wants or how to wake up a blank seagate with partitions or whatever i need to do .  nothing works .  i think the bios is still in there somewhere .  i do not know how to use command prompt stuff .  what can i do to load a windows operating system ?

frank doggrell

doggrell@live.com

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
doggrell3000
Message 2 of 2 (701 Views)

Re: cannot load windows xp or windows 7 on rp5700

[ Edited ]

i think what i need is a recovery disc for an hp rp5700 .  the polite and helpful lady at hp customer service said that they do not have a recovery disc for the hp rp5700 .  does anybody kn ow of a third party website that may have a recovery disc for the hp rp5700 ?  does anybody on this forum happen to have one that they can share through a download site like microsoft skydrive .  without the recovery disc the hp rp5700 which has a deleted blank hard drive and no partitions is basically worthless .  is there any program that can work around this problem so that i can at least get win xp pro loaded then i can update the drivers that are on the hp website .  please help .  thank you .

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation