cannot load windows xp or windows 7 on rp5700 (902 Views)
Occasional Visitor
doggrell3000
Message 1 of 2 (902 Views)

cannot load windows xp or windows 7 on rp5700

i cannot load windows xp3 or windows 7 pro on my used hp rp5700 .  i bought the rp5700 from borders books for 75 bucks when they went belly up .  it has been working fine for about six months or so .  i removed all the point of sale harware which i obviously do not need .  anyhow i decided to load a new operating system ( either win xp or win 7 pro or even win 8 ) but first i wanted to format the small 80 gig seagate hard drive before i load the operating system .  well i can't say the pop up message didn't warn me but i not only formatted the seagate i also deleted the hard drive which is now blank .  this was a bad idea .  now none of my windows operating systems - even win xp3 - will load on the hard drive saying something about  " unable to find device drivers " or " cannot find a partition on the hard drive " .  so i attempted to load the drivers from a driver list on hp's website but the dialogue says it cannot find any appropriate drivers on these lists .  please tell me how to load what the hp rp5700 wants or how to wake up a blank seagate with partitions or whatever i need to do .  nothing works .  i think the bios is still in there somewhere .  i do not know how to use command prompt stuff .  what can i do to load a windows operating system ?

frank doggrell

doggrell@live.com

Occasional Visitor
doggrell3000
Message 2 of 2 (887 Views)

Re: cannot load windows xp or windows 7 on rp5700

[ Edited ]

i think what i need is a recovery disc for an hp rp5700 .  the polite and helpful lady at hp customer service said that they do not have a recovery disc for the hp rp5700 .  does anybody kn ow of a third party website that may have a recovery disc for the hp rp5700 ?  does anybody on this forum happen to have one that they can share through a download site like microsoft skydrive .  without the recovery disc the hp rp5700 which has a deleted blank hard drive and no partitions is basically worthless .  is there any program that can work around this problem so that i can at least get win xp pro loaded then i can update the drivers that are on the hp website .  please help .  thank you .

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.