01-18-2010 07:22 AM
I have a problem with the rp5700's in which the tocuhscreen (ELO) and BOS printer both stop responding. Both are connected by USB ports, and the system needs a reboot to bring them back up.
Running XP (WeePos), and I've upgraded the BIOS to 1.12.
Any ideas will be greatfully welcomed.
01-20-2010 01:11 PM
A couple of questions -
1. which touchscreen monitor model are you using?
2. which printer are you using?
3. what are you doing at the time they stop responding?
We may not have a quick answer for you. So this can be better tracked/worked you may need to escalate this issue to the HP support contact in your region. Thanks.
01-21-2010 03:41 AM
Should have mention this before!
1. The touch screen is an ELO Entuitive ET1529L
2. The printer is a Brother HL-2035
3. Basically nothing. If the touch screen is idle for a while, then the user starts to use the it again, it fails to respond.
I hope this helps
01-25-2010 09:18 AM
We have not seen this. I do have another question and suggestion.
Is this attached to the primary graphics controller or a secondary graphics controller?
Do you have power manament or screen saver enabled? If so try disabling them.
04-08-2011 02:01 PM
We have a similar issue with some of our elo hp 5009tm which were recently deployed.
Seems to affect only some of monitors, we have some older monitors (same model on the same pc (HP 5700)) with a similar xp build (same elo drivers). The issue seems to follow the monitor, the monitor manufactured in 2008 has no problems, but the one manufactured in 2010 fails on both pcs.
Do the monitors have firmware differences between the builds (manufacturing dates)?