HP rp5800 Cash Drawer Port (1019 Views)
Occasional Visitor
mherman1313
Message 1 of 2 (1,019 Views)

HP rp5800 Cash Drawer Port

Hello.

I work for a POS software vendor and we have just installed some new HP rp5800 systems in one of our client's locations to use with our OPOS compliant software package.  We are configured to use the on-board cash drawer port with an HP cash drawer using the HP OPOS drivers for the cash drawer (version 1.13 of the installation package was used).

After about a week of using this new system they have reported that occasionally the cash drawer will no longer be popped open by our application until the after computer has been restarted.  They report the problem happening on multiple rp5800/cash drawers and have been unable to spot a pattern as to how frequently this happens or what triggers it.  Or application is not logging any errors communicating with the device and I cannot find any log files associated with the HP OPOS drivers for it either.  There are no entries in the Windows Event Log either

Does anybody have any experience with troubleshooting this configuration using the on-board cash drawer port on an HP rp5800 computer using the HP OPOS drivers?

Thanks for your help,

Mike

Occasional Advisor
KNRK
Message 2 of 2 (87 Views)

Re: HP rp5800 Cash Drawer Port

I would kindly request with you to swap the Cash Drawer from a different PC and check if the issue persists again

Regards,

K N R K

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.