Re: UPS single or 3-phase power? (122 Views)
Advisor
AMSA Unix Admin
Message 1 of 6 (122 Views)
Accepted Solution

UPS single or 3-phase power?

We're getting a powertrust ups soon and the electrician was quite surprised that the HP docs don't stat whether single, split, or 3 phase input power is required. Does anyone know?

the ups model: A6585A, 8kW/12kVA 230V

TIA,

Chuck Davis
US Army
Honored Contributor
harry d brown jr
Message 2 of 6 (122 Views)

Re: UPS single or 3-phase power?

print this out:

http://www.hp.com/racksolutions/prodinfo/power_access/ug_powertrustii-mr.pdf

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
Advisor
AMSA Unix Admin
Message 3 of 6 (122 Views)

Been there, done that. The document does not state the input power requirements. If it is stated, it is certainly not anywhere obvious (like in the installation chapter). Neither the user guide not the data sheet have the necessary info (http://www.hp.com/racksolutions/prodinfo/power_access/ups_ux_infolib.html).

...Chuck
Acclaimed Contributor
A. Clay Stephenson
Message 4 of 6 (122 Views)

I know these are 1PH unit but if you examine Figure 17 of the User's Guide you will see that these are 1PH connections only.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Advisor
AMSA Unix Admin
Message 5 of 6 (122 Views)

Thank you both. I see the picture, however since I am not an electrician, that image does not give me the info necessary to be able to answer the question posed to me "is it single or 3 phase?". I will trust that it implies single phase. It would be helpful if HP could include a line on the product datasheet so one can plan out the environment w/o having to decipher from images.

Thanks again...

...Chuck
Honored Contributor
Alexander M. Ermes
Message 6 of 6 (122 Views)

Hi Chuck.
This requires a single phase connector.
The only machine i know with the three phase connector is the Superdome.
And be careful, if you attach this to a circuit with backup diesel generators.
During the startup phase of the generators you may find some weird messages about power loss on your console.

Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes

.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.