2. HP BL460c X5460 3.16Ghz 2CPU
3. RP4440 PA8800 1Ghz 2CPU
4. HP BL35p (AMD Opteron 270) 2Ghz 2CPU
5. RX2660 Itanium Montvale 1.4Ghz 2CPU

Honored Contributor
Ken Henault
Message 2 of 4 (290 Views)

Re: TPC Rating

Attached is a list of all HP's current TPC-C results.
Ken Henault
Infrastructure Architect
HP
Occasional Visitor
Gaurav Goel_1
Message 3 of 4 (290 Views)

Thnx Ken. This helps.
I just have some basic questions to ask you.

1) If i am not able to find TPC rating for the configuration i am looking at , does that mean TPC rating is not available for that configuration?

2) If yes, then is it a good practice to take TPC- C rating for the most simmilar configuration and carry out task accordingly ?

Looking fwd for your reply ken !!! Thanks in advance.

Honored Contributor
Ken Henault
Message 4 of 4 (290 Views)

If it's not listed in the spreadsheet, there's no current TPC results for that system. Although vendors aren't allowed to extrapolate one system's result to apply to a different system, people do it all the time for their own personal use. Keep in mind that rack mount systems are typically tested with direct attached storage, but a blade server would require SAN storage to get a similar config. This might effect performance, and would definitely effect price.

If you want to compare raw performance of the different systems, you might want to look at SpecWeb, or SpecJBB.
Ken Henault
Infrastructure Architect
HP
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.