Moving off TAPE (798 Views)
Regular Advisor
Dan DeCoursey
Message 1 of 2 (798 Views)

Moving off TAPE

I have  17 Proliant servers with internal Tape Drives. I am researching moving off tape. We currently use CA Arcserve. CA their software is "hardware agnostic" therefore they support all HP solutions (they say)

I am starting into D2D     but understand that I will not be able to archive offsite.......So this then leads into having equipment of some sort located in an offsite location with a highspeeed link to the remote location.

I have  this option...we have a new secure building miles away with fiber linking us.

This entire study could lead me into formulating a full blown Disaster recovery solution..... I am wondering if there would be a multistep approach that would implement things in steps that , in the end,  would permit a DR solution to be implemented onto of,  or supported by ,  the previous steps   

I guess  what  I am  thinking is,  it  would be nice to see the equipment  that we invest in as we move off tape to still be supported as integral parts of what could be in its final form...... a DR solution

I appreciate feedback on this

ddecoursey@eriecountygov.org

Hers a pinch to grow an inch
Trusted Contributor
Emil Velez_2
Message 2 of 2 (345 Views)

Re: Moving off TAPE

you can use hp storeonce products which support remote replication so ofsite copiesmof,virtual tapes get created automatically

the 4000 models support iscsi as well as fc and the b6200 suppor fc and nas shares

explore them

www.hp.com/go/storeonce. should show you the lineup
Emil Velez
HP UNIX Certified (CSA, CSE HPUX 11i High Availability) HP Software (Openview) Certified Consultant
Certified HP Instructor, Technical Certified I and II SMB and Enterprise
Master ASE Superdome Solutins

HP Education Services

Ask me about training on Blades, Proliant, HP-UX, ServiceGuard, Polyserve, X9000, Virtual Libraries, and High Availability

internet: Emil.Velez@hp.com
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/emilvelez

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.