02-09-2012 07:36 AM
We currently have an MSA2312fc G2 and are looking at adding additional storage via a MSA70. The MSA2312fc has dual controllers and the MSA70 will have dual I/O modules. Is it possible to connect the MSA70 without powering down the MSA2312? Here is the procedure that I think would work but please correct me if I am wrong:
1. Shutdown controller B on 2312.
2. Connect I/O module 2 on MSA70 to controller B.
3. Power on MSA70.
4. Power on controller B on 2312 after MSA70 has fully powered on and initialized.
5. Power down controller A on 2312.
6. Connect I/O module 1 on MSA70 to controller A.
7. Power on controller A.
I would like to be able to add the MSA70 with no downtime if possible.
Thank you in advance,
02-15-2012 01:09 AM
Please note that MSA70 is not supported with MSA2312fc. Please find the link to get the details,
Please let me know if you have any more doubts.