Just as Johan said , however there is still some differen... (684 Views)
Occasional Visitor
iamkranti
Message 1 of 3 (717 Views)

EVA 6500 ABM to SBM migration

Hi All,

Due to undelivered OS CD of Storage managenet server, we use ABM to deploy P6500 and plan to deploy SAN management server later. After deploying SAN Mgt Sserver we will migrate ABM to SBM. My questions are:

1. What are the challenges of ABM to SBM migration?

2. Deploying SAN storgae p6500 with ABM is a standard way to proceed?

3. if we use nornmal windows OS rather that Windows Storage server, does it cause any impact on the software that we will use later, i.e. BC, CVEVA.

regards-Kranti 

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Johan Guldmyr
Message 2 of 3 (708 Views)

Re: EVA 6500 ABM to SBM migration

Hi,

you don't need "Windows Storage" server. In fact these days you can even run CV in a normal Windows in a virtual machine (see P6000 compatibility matrix for details). You can have two CV machines running at the same time (please run the same version on both) - but only one can manage it at the same time.

The server needs to have connectivity to the host ports of the EVA.

Click the Kudos Star if this was a good post.
Please use plain text.
顾问
songyong
Message 3 of 3 (684 Views)

Just as Johan said , however there is still some differen...

Just as Johan said , however there is still some differences. 

1、In old version ABM CV , you can not update the disk FW, the button is gray and unavailable.

2、The diagnostic tool HPCC can only be used for SBM, the MM does not support it.

So  you can recommend your customer to deploy both ABM and SBM if he/she does have a spare server. It will bring you some benefits in the future.

CV 10.0  require Eng Language Evr, which can bring some trouble in non-Eng country.

There are  there EVA installatin case in my team recently which deploy SBM CV 10.1 , but nobody can complete , because the installatin process hang for 1-2h without any error or tip  , it just hang there. My god !

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation