Blade servers and HP-UX (197 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Peter Heinemann
Message 1 of 9 (197 Views)

Blade servers and HP-UX

Can an HP rep. shed some light on the fate of HP-UX capable blade servers? Between last week and this week any mention of UX support on blades has vanished from the HP web site; the only listings are for Proliants. To further confuse the issue, the Windows servers in the "servers by O/S" listing don't include the Proliant blades.

There's no listing of the BH7xxx series blade any longer except in install/configuration documentation.

Is this a strategy, or just some missing web links?

Thanks....
Respected Contributor
Joaquin Gil de Vergara
Message 2 of 9 (197 Views)

Re: Blade servers and HP-UX

BLade Server are actually intel based

You can't install HP-UX on it...
Teach is the best way to learn
Honored Contributor
Robert_Jewell
Message 3 of 9 (197 Views)

I had heard of Itanium based blades, cant remember model # or anything, but those would run 11.2x of HPUX.

But now the products link for Blades bring you to the Compaq site. Hmmm...

Perhaps an HP-ian will assist...?
Trusted Contributor
Krishna Prasad
Message 4 of 9 (197 Views)

I think a rp2470 may be considered a blade. You may want to look at an A class machine.

Positive Results requires Positive Thinking
Regular Advisor
Kevin_31
Message 5 of 9 (197 Views)

RP24x is not a blade, it's the Itanium equivalent to a PA-RISC A-Class or a Intel Proliant BL380.

My HP reseller said they have no information about HPUX blades so far, but as the Itanium rolls forward I am watching to see wither they refit the BL20 & BL40 to run Titanium or whether they create a blade version of the existing Titanium range (I suspect the latter).
Frequent Advisor
Ron Brown_2
Message 6 of 9 (197 Views)

A good place for Itanium information is the source:

http://www.intel.com/products/server/processors/server/itanium2/
should work...
Honored Contributor
Alzhy
Message 7 of 9 (197 Views)

Was there ever an announcement of HP-UX support outside of the Integrity line? I posted this question in the HP-UX forum if there are plans of suporting non-Integrity Itanium boxen but the answer and consensus was a resounding NO.. But I suppose if HP will take HP-UX the route of Solaris -- many out there like me will be very happy as that will us a choice as to which hardware to run an extremely reliable (and EASY!) OS as HP-UX.
Hakuna Matata.
Occasional Visitor
Toran Matherson
Message 8 of 9 (197 Views)

Hi guys, I was under the belive there was the new Integrity blade to have support for HP-UX but that was it as far as blade support. This was just the impressions I got from our recent partner meeting.

Toran
Blade the world
Valued Contributor
Avinash Agarkar
Message 9 of 9 (197 Views)

Hi BL60p is the itanium blade server which supports hpux o/s we can install the os with connecting the usb external cd or dvd rom drive.

Thnaks,
Avinash
Great Power Comes With Great Responsibility
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.