printer cartridge incorrectly installed, scan feature does not work, printer keeps printing alignmen (907 Views)
Occasional Visitor
jim snodgras
Message 1 of 4 (907 Views)

printer cartridge incorrectly installed, scan feature does not work, printer keeps printing alignmen

My current list of problems:
1. printer cartridge incorrectly installed,
2. scan feature does not work,
3. printer keeps printing alignment page.

I am so frustrated that I want to throw my printer out the window and start over. At this point I am ready to give up on HP.

Is there anyway to turn off or opt-out of that stupid "printer cartridge incorrectly installed" error. I am stuck in a catch 22. The printer now prints out an alignment page every time I turn the printer on and it won't let me scan the alignment page to stop this because of the "printer cartridge incorrectly installed" error. I now have a pile of alignment pages all over my room wasting ink and paper.

The printer still works fine except the scan feature does not work and it keeps printing the alignment pages.

I am so angry. Is there some way to disable that stupid "printer cartridge incorrectly installed" error? I tried cleaning the contacts on the cartridge, resetting the printer cartridge by taping the right and left contacts, and resetting the printer by unplugging it for 30 seconds.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
ANNIE
Message 2 of 4 (907 Views)

Re: printer cartridge incorrectly installed, scan feature does not work, printer keeps printing alignmen

Hi Jim,
Can you mention your product name/number ?
Thanks.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** If found useful, please assign kudos located at the left hand side.
Thanks.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
jim snodgras
Message 3 of 4 (907 Views)

Re: printer cartridge incorrectly installed, scan feature does not work, printer keeps printing alignmen

By the way, I have an HP PSC 1401 All in one printer, scanner, copier.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
haroon
Message 4 of 4 (720 Views)

Re: printer cartridge incorrectly installed, scan feature does not work, printer keeps printing alig

i am having the exact same problem.

my printer model is HP 2180.

i need urgent help.

what can i do?

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation