WINDOWS 7 drivers for SCANJET G4010 (220 Views)
Occasional Visitor
DIMITRIOS STEFOS
Message 1 of 3 (220 Views)

WINDOWS 7 drivers for SCANJET G4010

My scanjet G4010 doesn't work because drivers for VISTA cannot be installed. Is anybody knowing solution about it?
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Robert Paulton
Message 2 of 3 (220 Views)

Re: WINDOWS 7 drivers for SCANJET G4010

Yep. that's the one! They won't even run in compatibility mode. There's a choice -

1. revert to Vista or XP and wait for HP to provide drivers (could be some time as this is clearly not a priority!)

2. Use Windows fax and Scan in Windows 7. I found this works to produce .jpg files but crashes to a 'blue screen of death' far to often.

I gave up on 7 and went back to Vista to make the scanner work properly - it is connected to a desktop machine. I am still using 7 on my laptop and much prefer it.

So, I wonder when HP will manage to sort itself out and write the drivers. 7 is use out in October so there is not much time.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
David Menday
Message 3 of 3 (220 Views)

Re: WINDOWS 7 drivers for SCANJET G4010

I am hoping for drivers to. If I force the vista x64 drivers, I get a lot of Blue Screens... Seems to be triggered 100% if I try to change the default scannning options, like resolution and higher color accuracy. Otherwise it seems random.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation