Problems with Photosmart 6520 (574 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 1 (574 Views)

Problems with Photosmart 6520

[ Edited ]

Hello, my name's Itachi, I'm from France.

I'm very sorry for my bad english, but I used a translator

I want to register on the forum today to speak with members and especially the professional HP forum to talk about the story that I lived with my Photosmart 6520 printer.

Indeed, this is the second time she falls down ...

First printer / First failure :

The printer was purchased Dec. 15, 2012 . I unpacked , I install , I tried and it works perfectly. So far, everything is OK.
 And over time ... the printer starts to have problems even signs of weakness I conclude with poor quality of fabrication.
I have much computer experience , whether in monitors, laptops and even printers ... So we can not tell me otherwise .

So if you enable ePrint , the printer prints alone ...  And what it prints ? Coloring Disney characters , or Marsupilami , and so on.

I want to print a document, the printer takes a long time to prepare , even my old Epson DX7450 was faster ... Finally, it begins to print and hear very strange noises . The volume of mechanisms increases with time , me and my family we  know that the printer starts to die... It was true. it stopped working in August 2013, eight months after its purchase. She no longer printed , the screen showed a gray color...
I filed after sales service, the woman told me that it will be sent to HP. I waited about 5 days ( the service was very quick , I was very surprised at the speed). The service has recognized the problems and agreed to exchange against the same model .

Except that , before I go, I asked the woman why she had this problem  ... Oddly, she replied Sorry, but HP does'nt give this information.

HP secretly would recognize manufacturing defects of this printer ?

So I installed the new printer and it worked perfectly ... until today .

Second printer / Second failure :

Exchanged in August 2013 , we are December 30, 2013 ( the warranty is expired December 15, 2013 ) , 4 months after its commissioning, the printer begins to exhibit very large weaknesses ... It 's hard to " suck " the paper to print ( it is recognized through the noise, which changes over time ) , the print speed is very variable , it prints quickly and suddenly it stops in the middle and again ... )

And new problem: the screen meets the concerns of calibrations ! The touch is offset ! If I press "Copy" , the screen responds much more to the left and therefore relies on the wrong button.  A reboot is not enough the problem, I must disconnect and reconnect the printer for touch works again !

So I called HP , the lady answer me :

"I can not do anything , the printer you are no longer under warranty "

It is disappointing !

I look forward to the responses of members who have this printer , as well as professionals.

Thank you for taking the time to read my message.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Multifunction and All-in-One to Photosmart Products. - Hp Forum Moderator

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.