Re: Printer Noise (424 Views)
Occasional Visitor
NeoPhyte8
Message 1 of 3 (494 Views)

Printer Noise

I have a Photosmart C5580 and while scanning the printer began squeaking. Now it squeaks on every scan. If it was a car, I would oil it. Anyone have an idea what may be causing the squeak, how to stop it, and how to prevent it from returning?

Occasional Collector
tim76
Message 2 of 3 (454 Views)

Re: Printer Noise

I have the same problem I think. My PS-5510 is just over 1 year old and makes a terrible sound after printing. I took the machine apart and discovered that the transparant tubes within, are constipated with ink. Because of this constipation the tube-pump is stuck. I tried everything to find the spare part (the transparant tubes), but did not succeed with HP.

The search for the part within HP is a hell. I am now trying to get the part somewhere else. If anyone knows where I can find the original HP part, please let me know.

Frequent Advisor
ciara_b
Message 3 of 3 (424 Views)

Re: Printer Noise

Hi Tim, thanks for the feedback. The tubes aren't typically something that is sold at the HP Part Store. Can I please ask if you've taken any photos of the tubes if you could please send them to me?, or post them here to the Forum?

Thanks

Ciara

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.