Re: Photosmart 5510 - not so smart - Constant "Align printer cartridge" message (286 Views)
Occasional Visitor
tj4shee
Message 1 of 2 (380 Views)

Photosmart 5510 - not so smart - Constant "Align printer cartridge" message

I have over 400,000 "Align print cardridge" messages in my Message Center.... 

It started happening when I replaced the color cartridges back a while ago.... after the replacement I aligned the cartridges.... but still continually got the message saying the Magenta cartridge needed to be aligned....

Well, I got sick of printing alignment pages and aligning it.... so I started to try to ignore the messages....

HOWEVER !  The ignore option for messages doesn't work !  so I have to hit the Align button.... and then cancel EVERY time it decides to check for alignment - MANY MANY times a day !!!!!!

Recently I ran out of black ink... so I replaced it..... NOW I AM GETTING THE CONSTANT MESSAGE FOR TWO freaking cartridges !

1) FIX the freaking option to NOT display the alignment message..... or how about simply putting an X button on the message... so I can just close it ?????????

2) FIX the fact that the printer is not saving the alignment data - or whatever else is wrong....

I am close to losing my patience with this printer !  If I have to abandon this $150 printer I will NOT be buying another HP.... Epson and Canon will get their chance.

Sincerely, TJ

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
ciara_b
Message 2 of 2 (286 Views)

Re: Photosmart 5510 - not so smart - Constant "Align printer cartridge" message

Hi TJ

I appreciate the constant msgs must be a headache. Are you using the latest drivers?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&product=5063582

Thanks

Ciara

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation