HP Scanjet 4070 Photosmart and negatives in Win 7 (1915 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Fernando Ibarra-Núñez
Message 1 of 5 (1,915 Views)

HP Scanjet 4070 Photosmart and negatives in Win 7

is there a way (maybe a program) to use this scanner to digitize negatives in Win 7 ? I could make it work with the drivers from the basic installation for Vista, and I can manage to scan images, but not for transparencies or negatives as I used to do in Win XP with HP Image zone, the which was abandoned by HP for Vista and Win 7. Maybe I have to purchase a new similar sacanner compatible with Win 7? Is that the purpose of discontinue?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Teddykhil
Message 2 of 5 (1,797 Views)

Re: HP Scanjet 4070 Photosmart and negatives in Win 7

[ Edited ]
G'day Fernando, I've got the same type of HP Scanjet 4070 as you, it's given me good service in the time I've had it, but now all of a sudden, with Windows 7, it's stopped working, It was working with Win7 ?? Don't know what the fix is at this stage but if I fiind one I'll certinally pass it onto you, Regards, Teddykhil

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
ANNIE
Message 3 of 5 (1,768 Views)

Hi,
I checked HP website for Windows 7 compatability center and was unable to find out,
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/default.aspx

Even in the HP website, there is no drivers for Windows 7, check it out,
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=391312&lang=en&cc=us&...

but if you have already Win7 installed, then just try to download Windows Vista drivers and try to install it in Windows Vista compatability mode and try if it works!!

I would suggest you to contact HP support in the first place to check if the device is compatible with Windows 7 and if it works on it.

Link to contact HP support.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact_us.html

Hope it works for you!!

Thanks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** If found useful, please assign kudos located at the left hand side.
Thanks.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
carolinadesigne
Message 4 of 5 (1,133 Views)

ATTENTION HEWLETT PACKARD: I want a software package that will reenable the functionality of my scanner software in Windows 7. I have a newer printer that allowed for the Win 7 version of HP Solution Center. For this I thank you since I also have an older printer that it recognizes now, but I have only had the scanner for 3 years and there is nothing wrong with it. Why is is so hard to come up with a fix to allow it to be used in the Win 7 Solutions Software??? This is causing me to rethink HP products. My father just bought a new HP computer. He also has an HP printer and and HP scanner that do not have HP supportive software in Win 7. All products are functional and not anywhere near being ready for the recycle bin. So why can you not come up with a fix??? Please, Please PLEASE!!!!! Create a fix for us. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
gojoink
Message 5 of 5 (822 Views)

did anyone ever reply to this issue?  please email me an answer.  my 4070 is no way near ready to be scrapped yet I find it inconvient not to be able to use it with my Win 7 PC.  HEP!!!

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation