Re: HP Photosmart 7520 Series FAX/Printer Troubleshooting (1778 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Razor1570
Message 1 of 3 (1,800 Views)

HP Photosmart 7520 Series FAX/Printer Troubleshooting

I have a new HP Photosmart 7520 Series FAX/Printer and I have set it up. The only thing is if my printer is on and someone calls in, even if I pick up before the 6th ring the FAX goes of with irritating warbling/ringing. I have my answering system attached to my phone in the living room and my 7520 in my den. All other phone devices are wireless in the house. However, I attached the new 7520 Printer directly into the wall phone jack. When using the FAX setup wizard I clicked on that I had an answering system and the fax was not on same line as the answering system. When the Fax Test Report came out it said, "The phone cord is connected to the port labeled '2-EXT' on the back of your HP device." It is not. It is in the "1-Line" port. How do I fix this? I have even reconfirgured to tell the FAX wizard the fax is on the same line, etc. I shouldn't need to attach my answering machine to the 7520 FAX/Printer do I...that's stupid. Please advise. Thanks!

Occasional Visitor
Garry_c
Message 2 of 3 (1,778 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 7520 Series FAX/Printer Troubleshooting

Hi ,

You need to set the Rings to Answer on the HP PS 7520 and your Answering machine according to your preference.

If you have answering machine as priority; then set the Rings to Answer on it as less than that on the PS 7520. If you have the faxes as your priority then set the Rings to Answer on the PS 7520 less than that on the Answering machine.

In the first case, the calls will be received first.

In the second case, the fax will be received first.

However you can always receive these manually as well.

However there is one more solution to this where you can Activate Distingtive Ring patters on your phone line. This you need to do through your telephone company. This way the line will be capable of distinguishing between the fax and the calls.

So the faxes will go to the fax machines and the calls will go the the Answering machine after the set Rings to Answer.

This way the faxes can be received automatically and if you do not received the calls they will be go to the Answering machine.

Thanks and Regards,

Garry

Occasional Visitor
barrelcrazy
Message 3 of 3 (519 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 7520 Series FAX/Printer Troubleshooting

I am having issues with my fax machine not answering automatically. I have tried every setting possible I know I'm missing something but I can't find it.  It just keeps ringing unless i hit accept on the screen.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.