6520 - Problem with use of photo tray (475 Views)
Occasional Visitor
CharlieWertz
Message 1 of 2 (475 Views)

6520 - Problem with use of photo tray

I've seen some discussion of similar problems in other forums, but no soolutions help me.

I recently set up a new 6520 all-in-one on a PC running Windows 7 Professional. Because I had it a while before the install, I downloaded everything from the hp site. I did not use the cd. I think I should have all the latest softare and drivers.

If I print photos wirelessly from an iPod or iPad, the printing goes to the photo tray just fine so I know the mechanism works. (If I print a document from the iPod or iPad, it goes to the other tray just fine, by the way.)

I cannot, however, get printing from the PC to go to the photo tray. I've tried windows photo viewer, GIMP, and right clicking on a jpeg and selecting print. When I can find the dialog, I do select photo tray and 4X6. Whatever I do, the print comes out using the bottom tray.

I can, of course, put the photo paper in the bottom tray, select 4 X 6 and then it works just fine.

So. Is this a feature? Is there some detail I'm missing? Help!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
CharlieWertz
Message 2 of 2 (461 Views)

Re: 6520 - Problem with use of photo tray

OK, I've continued searching. One of the entries in this forum tells to use the hp software for printing. I find that with a little honking around I can print a saved jpeg using HP Photo Creations and it will print to the photo tray. So, I know it works. That, however, means I have to do some work in another program, save the result, then print from Photo Creations. Now, as I've noted above, GIMP gives me a dialogue that allows me to select the photo tray, but it doesn't take. I still wonder what I'm missing.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation