Problems with Photosmart 6520 (433 Views)
Occasional Visitor
itachi95
Message 1 of 1 (433 Views)

Problems with Photosmart 6520

[ Edited ]

Hello, my name's Itachi, I'm from France.

I'm very sorry for my bad english, but I used a translator

I want to register on the forum today to speak with members and especially the professional HP forum to talk about the story that I lived with my Photosmart 6520 printer.

Indeed, this is the second time she falls down ...

First printer / First failure :

The printer was purchased Dec. 15, 2012 . I unpacked , I install , I tried and it works perfectly. So far, everything is OK.
 And over time ... the printer starts to have problems even signs of weakness I conclude with poor quality of fabrication.
I have much computer experience , whether in monitors, laptops and even printers ... So we can not tell me otherwise .

So if you enable ePrint , the printer prints alone ...  And what it prints ? Coloring Disney characters , or Marsupilami , and so on.

I want to print a document, the printer takes a long time to prepare , even my old Epson DX7450 was faster ... Finally, it begins to print and hear very strange noises . The volume of mechanisms increases with time , me and my family we  know that the printer starts to die... It was true. it stopped working in August 2013, eight months after its purchase. She no longer printed , the screen showed a gray color...
I filed after sales service, the woman told me that it will be sent to HP. I waited about 5 days ( the service was very quick , I was very surprised at the speed). The service has recognized the problems and agreed to exchange against the same model .

Except that , before I go, I asked the woman why she had this problem  ... Oddly, she replied Sorry, but HP does'nt give this information.

HP secretly would recognize manufacturing defects of this printer ?

So I installed the new printer and it worked perfectly ... until today .

Second printer / Second failure :

Exchanged in August 2013 , we are December 30, 2013 ( the warranty is expired December 15, 2013 ) , 4 months after its commissioning, the printer begins to exhibit very large weaknesses ... It 's hard to " suck " the paper to print ( it is recognized through the noise, which changes over time ) , the print speed is very variable , it prints quickly and suddenly it stops in the middle and again ... )

And new problem: the screen meets the concerns of calibrations ! The touch is offset ! If I press "Copy" , the screen responds much more to the left and therefore relies on the wrong button.  A reboot is not enough the problem, I must disconnect and reconnect the printer for touch works again !

So I called HP , the lady answer me :

"I can not do anything , the printer you are no longer under warranty "

It is disappointing !

I look forward to the responses of members who have this printer , as well as professionals.

Thank you for taking the time to read my message.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Multifunction and All-in-One to Photosmart Products. - Hp Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation