Re: Unreadable 256MB SanDisk SD memory card in Photosmart 945 (520 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Claude Drouin
Message 1 of 3 (525 Views)

Unreadable 256MB SanDisk SD memory card in Photosmart 945

I bought two(2) 256MB SD memory card. Both were from SanDisk and made in China.

I inserted the first card in the camera and formated it. After around 14 pictures I powered off the camera. When I powered on the camera again, I got "card is unreadble" message. Lost pictures.

For the second card, after formatting it I was shooting the 19th picture when I got an error message (red lcd) indicating that picture could not processed because of a write error. Lost Pictures.

First card, was badly corrupted and in not "recognized" by the camera, my Ipaq 3970 and even my PC with an SD reader (Imagemate 6 in 1 (sandisk)).

Second card, is also bad but is recognized by the pc and ipaq. Camera (as well as PC) cannot format it though and thus is unusable.

Is anyone experiencing the same problems with the Sandisk 256MB SD memory card? Is yours made in China? Is this problem with 256MB SD memory card more generalized? Does HP perform any specific test for this camera with different supplier of 256MB memory card? Is there a specific list of supplier and card origin available that are sound and sure to work?

My camera runs V01.60 (this is what's written in picture details). It works fine with the 32MB SD card supplied with it and a 64MB MMC card from Lexar.

Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Greg Carlson
Message 2 of 3 (525 Views)

Re: Unreadable 256MB SanDisk SD memory card in Photosmart 945

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
gcamma
Message 3 of 3 (520 Views)

Re: Unreadable 256MB SanDisk SD memory card in Photosmart 945

First and foremost, I would recommend Leopold Hiersche (http://www.recoverfab.com/) to anyone. He was effective, efficient and reliable, and fixed my card!

Claude Drouin wrote:
I bought two(2) 256MB SD memory card. Both were from SanDisk and made in China.

I inserted the first card in the camera and formated it. After around 14 pictures I powered off the camera. When I powered on the camera again, I got "card is unreadble" message. Lost pictures.

For the second card, after formatting it I was shooting the 19th picture when I got an error message (red lcd) indicating that picture could not processed because of a write error. Lost Pictures.

First card, was badly corrupted and in not "recognized" by the camera, my Ipaq 3970 and even my PC with an SD reader (Imagemate 6 in 1 (sandisk)).

Second card, is also bad but is recognized by the pc and ipaq. Camera (as well as PC) cannot format it though and thus is unusable.

Is anyone experiencing the same problems with the Sandisk 256MB SD memory card? Is yours made in China? Is this problem with 256MB SD memory card more generalized? Does HP perform any specific test for this camera with different supplier of 256MB memory card? Is there a specific list of supplier and card origin available that are sound and sure to work?

My camera runs V01.60 (this is what's written in picture details). It works fine with the 32MB SD card supplied with it and a 64MB MMC card from Lexar.

Thanks!

My problem began after I had been filming on a Sandisk 32gb flashcard with
my Canon XF100 for my first documentary film. I had gathered fantastic
material very useful to me. When I tried to review the material on my
Macbook Pro, a message appeared along the lines of: “Unreadable disc…
please format”. I then tried to view the data on my camera and a message
recommending me to format appeared. I became very anxious. I tried this
several times, on a different computer (PC) and also tried my Kodak
card reader with other cards to dismiss any possible problem not
relating to the card but everything seemed to work fine, so it became
apparently that the problem was to do with my card! A
few friends recommended I try the sandisk recovery software. I tried
that the first time and it did not recover any files. The second time,
over 500 files were recovered; however, it was clear that the data had
been corrupted as my clips were split into fragments. When I tried to
convert these clips into a format that could be seen through Final Cut
Pro, I saw that it was damaged and some of them could not even be
converted to be seen. Again, I became very anxious as I seemed to run
out of options!

Luckily, another friend of mine who works in the film industry recommended
Leopold and I sent my card to him. I am absolutely delighted to have
seen the data and would use this service again for sure. He is a true
doctor of memory cards!

Go to: http://www.recoverfab.com/ - and your problem will most definitely be resolved!!

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation