Problems with HP Image Zone Software: (257 Views)
Advisor
Fran Hubert
Message 26 of 39 (157 Views)

Re: Problems with HP Image Zone Software:

I just tried copying and pasting the link myself and it didn't work. You now have to add h18007 before the www1 to go to the correct page for the download. Here is the complete link again:
http://h1807.ww1.hp.com/support/files/hpcpqnk/us/download/21445.html
This is an update to HP Photo & Imaging Software version 2.00A and it fixes problems in Image Zone and Image Zone Plus which arose after applying Windows XP SP2.

By the way, Pat, I have a digital camera installed on my computer as well as the psc2175 and I did not have to uninstall and reinstall the imaging software for that either.
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor
Pat
Message 27 of 39 (157 Views)

I've been able to use my digital camera with Image Zone Plus, Fran. I didn't have to add additional software in order to utilize its features. I further believe my explanations on this thread as well as previous threads your issues were dealt with by me and others were explanation enough.

My own experience with digital camera software installed after Image Zone was installed is that Image Zone would no longer function on my PSC unit. There were many errors until I uninstalled both.

When someone continues to install/uninstall software, the files left over from each installation may conflict in a new installation being applied.

One other thing I might mention, Fran, is I've never had any problems with XP SP2 only additional software.

Now if that isn't explanation enough, Fran, I don't know what is.

Pat

Advisor
chris angell_1
Message 28 of 39 (157 Views)

"STREAM" not "String" .

the error has nothing to do with camera software.

Please read the original problem. There is a conflict with the PSC software and the HP Image Zone on NEW machines.

OS,.NET, uninstalling, reinstalling etc have NOTHING to do with the problems.

Again, the error is "Serialization STREAM" NOT "string" as so many continue to confuse.

Occasional Advisor
Bob Crabtree
Message 29 of 39 (157 Views)

Anyone who has an installation problem where their HP Director only has two icons and concludes from this that their install was incomplete should check out this thread on the Winforums:
http://forums.winforums.org/showthread.php?t=8567

The solution provided there by fourbe worked for me - though I'm kind of mad that the problem happened and that there was nothing I could find on HP's own forums or resources that gave a solution to what I think is possibly an all-too-common problem.

I'm also not too happy at the moment about the way that speed of scanning can be so haphazard or the fact that I think my HP 6110 is going to kill itself one day soon when the self-check goes mad and causes the scanner head to repeatedly seem to throw itself at the wall at the right-hand end of its travels.

And all these problems are a real shame because, when it works, this is a rather lovely bit of kit.

Bob Crabtree

Occasional Visitor
james whiteaker
Message 30 of 39 (157 Views)

i have a hp pavilion with image zone software it stoped working i looked in add and remove programs and found two instalations i removed the second one and the software works fine your comp may be rtying to run the short file on the second one instead of the long file the first one remove the second one and see if this works
Occasional Visitor
Jennifer_75
Message 31 of 39 (156 Views)

Regarding the error message on HP Image Zone:
PARAMETER CANNOT BE NULL, PARAMETER NAME: SERIALIZATIONSTREAM that renders the program un-openable, you should try this!

I am no computer expert by any means, just your average home computer user, but I FOUND A VERY SIMPLE FIX that worked for me and is definitely worth a try! I have a PSC 1350 and my Image Zone program started showing this error after working perfectly for 8 months! I, too, have spent an entire week and given up sleep trying to find information from HP, Microsoft, and Best Buy Geek Squad to no avail. I have removed and downloaded the printer at least 50 times, in several different ways including level 2 and level 4 removal. I have downloaded every patch & update available for both Microsoft and HP. I have searched every forum, googled the error, and tried every piece of advice that I have come across. I was about to dump my hard drive, and in my quest to figure out how to back up my hard drive to a disk, I came across this simple solution that requires NO UNINSTALLING OR REINSTALLING of anything.

1. Right click on your Image Zone icon on the desktop and click Properties
2. The target listed should look like this
"C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe" What you need to write down is the last part (hpqthb08.exe) remember, your file may be different than mine which I am using as an example.
3. Go to your start menu, click on settings, and open your control panel.
4. Double click on Administrator Tools
5. Double click on Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Wizards shortcut and a window will pop up with 3 options â ¦select â Fix an Applicationâ
6. Locate the file you previously wrote down in step 2 and double click on it
7. The wizard should ask you to if you would like to restore the file, click yes and follow the rest of the prompts (I can't remeber them exactly)until it leads you to run the file in â Safe Modeâ and select that option.

This is all it took to get my Image Zone to run as usual, no more error message. Let me also note that I am running Windows XP and do not have Service Pack 2 installed. I hope it is as easy as this for you to fix this most frustrating and unexplainable problem.
Occasional Visitor
AnthonyP
Message 32 of 39 (156 Views)

Hey guys I found a fix to this, it's ugly but it works.

-log out of the account and reboot
-backup the users folder from ?:\documents and settings\
-after backing up delete the folder (note if you are on an active directory system and have roaming profiles enabled you will need to backup and delete that also)
-restore only necessary files (favorites, my documents)
Occasional Visitor
Umit Sayman
Message 33 of 39 (156 Views)

Sorry pals, none of them worked out... but i found a silly (!) but yet working solution.
Watch this...
1) i bought a spare compact flash
2) i insert to the the hp psc 2410's card reader slot
3) i put a document in the tray
4) i push button 'scan' then ' color' or 'black'
whooopps
5) it scans and saves in the compact flash
I know this is not what it should be, but it merely works for normal documentary scannings...NOT PROFESSIONAL color photo scans.

I suggest to bring this subject to HP forums and they must arrange changing these faulty printers with working ones.....
Umit, ISTANBUL
Occasional Advisor
Terri Popiel
Message 34 of 39 (156 Views)

Download HP Photosmart Essential 1.9 which will override HP Image Zone Express, then proceed to uninstall. Worked for me.
Occasional Visitor
Laura Dwyer
Message 35 of 39 (156 Views)

Thanks, Terri, it worked!
Occasional Visitor
maria nunez moreno
Message 36 of 39 (156 Views)

Hello, sorry but I only speak english a little.
I have the same problem with my Hp Zone Plus (I have a PSC 2355p all-in-one)and i can print all, but i can't working with my photos because appears an error message: The error message is "The program has encountered an unexpected error: Parameter cannot be null. Parameter name: SerializationStream"
What can I do?
Occasional Advisor
Terri Popiel
Message 37 of 39 (156 Views)

Go online and download newest free version, which will override the version on your computer. I would probably reboot, then remove.
Occasional Visitor
MisterEd_1
Message 38 of 39 (156 Views)

Earlier in this thread someone said they were unable to install sp27940.exe. On encountering the same problem I did a direct anonymous ftp login to the ftp server to see if I could see a problem there. I navigated to "pub/softpaq/sp27501-28000". I found the following entry there:

Name: sp27940.exe
Date: Oct 13, 2006 02:24
Size: 0

Apparently the file was copied incorrectly to the archive. Could someone fix this?
Occasional Visitor
Frustrated Counselor
Message 39 of 39 (156 Views)

Same problem. HP Image Zone worked fine yesterday...now I get "error:
paramenter cannot be null. Parameter name serializaionString"

I tried the administrative tools fix listed without success. Any new advice?

Is it worth paying IT tech support
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.