Re: HP Image Zone malfunction (394 Views)
Occasional Visitor
uofa57
Message 1 of 3 (412 Views)

HP Image Zone malfunction

[ Edited ]

I have had great results with my Photosmart 3210 all-in-one, and still do except for the HP Image Zone that was packaged with the Install software.  Suddenly, today, when I clcked on an image to open with Image Zone, it indicates image is not avaialble.  Problem is:  I CANNOT NOW CLOSE THAT WINDOW OR Image Zone itself.   The only thing I can do is shut down the computer and restart in order for Image Zone to not load.  HOWEVER, when I do access Image Zone again that same darn message appears and again I have to shut down.

So, I inserted my installation disc and clicked to reinstall Image Zone.  I was prompted to first uninstall BUT was cautioned not to do so because some sort of capability would be lost.

OK, I'm counting on people with more tech knowledge than I have (my strengths are in the field of languages and music, definitely not tech matters) to help me straighten out this problem.

I would hope that you . . . whomever you may be . . . would contact me by email.  Pretty please! 

p.S. This thread has been moved from Printing and Digital Imaging > Multifunction and All-in-One > to Photo Systems. -Hp forum moderator

Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 2 of 3 (399 Views)

Re: HP Image Zone malfunction

Hello,

Please do not post your personal contact information on the forums.  Its not safe or a good idea to do so as you expose youself to spam and abuse by anyone who happens to view it.  Sign back into this forum and use its communication tools to work with us instead of your email.

That being said you are recieving a message from Image Zone because your scanner cannot be detected.  It is most likely not connected to your computer and needs to have its USB cable connections checked and replugged.  If you can capture a screenshot of the error message then we can confirm for you.

It should be completly safe for you to uninstall and reinstall the scanning software.  Feel free to use the disks if you like but know that there are more updated installation files online at http://support.hp.com for your printer.  If you are going to go through the hassle of uninstalling and reinstalling then you might as well use the latest and greatest.

Any functionality that is lost will be restored after a reinstall.  This is always the first and best course of action to take whenever troubleshooting of a printer is necessary.

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple thumbs up)
Occasional Visitor
uofa57
Message 3 of 3 (394 Views)

Re: HP Image Zone malfunction

Kudos gratefully given!!

All connections are intact.  Will try to download the latest and greatest version.  :-)

Gene

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.