HP Digital Imaging Monitor won't open (3095 Views)
Occasional Visitor
jbr613
Message 1 of 14 (3,095 Views)

HP Digital Imaging Monitor won't open

[ Edited ]

I'm running v10.0 of DIM in a Windows 7 64-bit environment for an cm2320nf. When I originally installed the HP software (CM2320series-win7-full-solution-AM-EMEA1-v3.1.exe) it worked fine. Today I tried to scan a document and right-clicked on the DIM icon in the systray. When I clicked on "Launch/Show Director", however, DIM no longer opens; I just hear the Windows "default beep".
I can run hppscan8.exe to scan directly and hppeFax_cm2320.exe to fax directly, but it would be helpful to get access to the DIM.
FYI, I can open the HP SC, but it does not have the scan or fax functions.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Jon R.

P.S.This thread has been moved from Printing and Digital Imaging > Archived Printing Boards > Digital imaging - General

Occasional Visitor
soro
Message 2 of 14 (3,095 Views)

Re: HP Digital Imaging Monitor won't open

I've got exactly the same problem with nearly the same configuration (only difference I have an HP CM1312nfi and software is CM1312series-win7-full-solution-AM-EMEA1-v5.1.exe). All the rest is identical (v10.0 of DIM, Win7 64-bit Ultimate, only Windows "default beep" when clicking on systray icon "Launch/Show director"). OS freshly installed and no other application on it so far (not even an antivirus).

Any help greatly appreciated.
François
Occasional Visitor
Ayrton1
Message 3 of 14 (3,095 Views)

Very similar issue. running v10.0 of DIM in a EN Windows 7 64-bit environment (uptated onto Vista Professional 64-bit) for a 1312nfi MFP. I installed the HP software (same for 1312nfi but tried AM-EMEA1 and EMEA2) BUT it newer worked. DIM never opens; I just hear the Windows "default beep".
I can run hppscan8.exe to scan directly and to fax directly, but I must have access to the DIM. I can open the HP SC, but it does not have the scan or fax functions.
However EMEA2 installation went through much more smoothly than AM-EMEA1 (with errors).
Occasional Visitor
jbr613
Message 4 of 14 (3,095 Views)

So HP - When are you going to respond to this problem?? If the three of us are experiencing it, you know there are three hundred others with the same problem!
Occasional Visitor
tsapi
Message 5 of 14 (3,095 Views)

*Exactly* the same problem with soro, over here. Same os, same mfp device, same situation with HP Digital Imaging Monitor.

Waiting for some solution..
Occasional Visitor
narcissusli
Message 6 of 14 (3,095 Views)

I encounter the same problem recently. When I right-click on the DIM icon in system tray, nothing happens!! "Sometimes" DIM would response very very slow. The attached picture shows my taskbar. If I click one task, the task should be pop-up and top. In fact, the task button just twinkle, twinkle and twinkle. Maybe there exists one application or others conflict with DIM, but my PC/NB works normally w/o DIM. Solution Center? NO! It's trouble center.
Occasional Visitor
MaxWeber
Message 7 of 14 (3,095 Views)

Same problem here running Vista 64 bit and network scanning decides to stop working for no reason. No Scan options and Imaging Monitor is inaccessible. New Virus?
Occasional Visitor
Cyberr
Message 8 of 14 (3,095 Views)

I have the same problem here, running Windows 7 Ultimate x64

I have installed a CM2320fxi MFP and HP Digital Imaging Monitor (v10) won't open.

When I click on "Launch/Show Director", DIM no longer opens; I just hear the Windows "default beep".

Where can i find any updates for HP Digital Imaging Monitor ?
Occasional Visitor
Larry Malmberg_1
Message 9 of 14 (3,095 Views)

Same here kind of. I get a message Parsing erroe in file C:\program files etc. when I try to open the Digital Imaging Monitor and have searched all the locations I can find, now this one, for a solution.
Occasional Visitor
Jerry Kaplan
Message 10 of 14 (3,095 Views)

I've got exactly the same problem. Has this really gone unanswered for more than a year? Has anyone else in this thread found a solution?
Occasional Visitor
Vladimir Milovanovic
Message 11 of 14 (3,087 Views)

I am having exactly same problem: Windows 7 64 bit professional, DIM 10.0 won't open at all.

It's quite disappointing that no one in HP cares about addressing this issue.
Occasional Visitor
LEMAIRE_4
Message 12 of 14 (3,087 Views)

Hello,
Exactly the same issue with Win7 32 bits, HP colorjet CM2320nf mfp and HP DIM 10.0

HP guys, it's now time to find a solution, thank you.
Vincent.
Occasional Visitor
Matthew Hart
Message 13 of 14 (3,087 Views)

This is my same circumstance, same printer. Very frustrating that I upgrade from Vista 32bit to 7 Utlimate 64bit and this is the only thing that will not work.
Occasional Visitor
jbr613
Message 14 of 14 (3,087 Views)

It's now obvious that HP pays no attention to these forums. Some of their printers are decent, but they're missing a real opportunity to learn from their customers.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.