Cannot uninstall Image Zone Express (4071 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Brian Johnson_14
Message 1 of 26 (4,071 Views)
Accepted Solution

Cannot uninstall Image Zone Express

[ Edited ]

I gave IZE a try the other day and, after what looked to be a normal install and reboot, I played with iot for a few hours and decided that it wasn't what I was looking for.

However, now, I can't uninstall it.

I go to the Add/Remove programs and click the HP Image Zone entry (which, incidentally, doesn't appear until after the 2nd reboot) and choose to uninstall. A dialog box flashes up briefly which says something about "Preparing to..." and then another *much* briefer which talks about 'windows' and 'registering', and then ...

nothing.

The HP Image Zone Express entry is still there in Add/Remove and, in fact, so is the whole of Image Zone Express installed folder.

I've re-installed and tried again. Same thing.

Anyone know how to get rid of this thing?

XP-H+SP2

P.S.This thread has been moved from Printing and Digital Imaging > Archived Printing Boards > Digital imaging - General

Valued Contributor
Soujanya
Message 2 of 26 (4,087 Views)

Re: Cannot uninstall Image Zone Express

Hello Brian,

You can use this Uninstaller to uninstall the Image Zone completely. However, let me keep you informed that this also will uninstall the Printer driver. Hence, you will either have to install them from the website or from the CD that is shipped with the printer.

Here is the uninstaller :

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software4/COL8988/mp-24061-2/gr_uninst.exe

Let me know the status :-)

Good Luck !!
Occasional Advisor
Brian Johnson_14
Message 3 of 26 (4,087 Views)

It seems a bit odd that it should remove my printer driver as well.

Why would it do that?
Valued Contributor
Soujanya
Message 4 of 26 (4,087 Views)

This is because, Image Zone is a bundled application that comes with the Printer dirvers. Ususally, Image Zone can be installed or uninstalled independently. However, at times if there is any issue with uninstalling Image Zone, uninstalling the complete software will help. Installing the printer software afresh will again install Image Zone. This can be uninstalled.
Occasional Advisor
Brian Johnson_14
Message 5 of 26 (4,087 Views)

I'm sorry, but I may not have explained myself fully...

IZE wasn't a part of my printer's software package (the HP2550L) when I installed it several months ago.

Instead, I just went to HP's website last week and saw IZE available there and downloaded it.

What I'm cautious about is that the uninstaller that you recommended may not be designed for the stand-alone version of IZE.

Before I run it, can I find out if there is any documentation available for that installer?

Thanks for persevering!
Occasional Visitor
Pauline Badams
Message 6 of 26 (4,087 Views)

Hi Brian, did you ever resolve this problem? I have the same problem and I have tried the uninstaller given in this thread - it does not work!!! I wondered if you managed to sort it out and if so would you mind telling me how please? Many thanks and best wishes
from Pauline
Occasional Advisor
Brian Johnson_14
Message 7 of 26 (4,087 Views)

Nope.

I never managed to get IZE uninstalled.

It's just sitting there taking up hard disc space and with unknown numbers of resource-hogging entries in my Registry.

Occasional Visitor
Pauline Badams
Message 8 of 26 (4,087 Views)

Thanks for letting me know, if I manage to find a solution, I will post here and let you know!
Occasional Visitor
Pauline Badams
Message 9 of 26 (4,087 Views)

I'VE DONE IT!!!! I just re-installed it (without removing the last version) from this site and when it started searching for images on my pc, I quickly pressed stop searching. Then I went back to add/remove programmes and it uninstalled with no problems! Good Luck
Occasional Advisor
Brian Johnson_14
Message 10 of 26 (4,087 Views)

Pauline,

I tried to reply yesterday, but it doesn't seem to have appeared, so I'll post this again...

Yes, thanks, I've now managed to uninstall IZE. Your suggestion worked a treat!

Kudos. :)
Occasional Advisor
Ebenezer_1
Message 11 of 26 (4,073 Views)

Goto hp.com and download the Image zone express and run the setup where u can find an option to uninstall. use it to uninstall

Regards

Ebenezer
Occasional Advisor
Terri Popiel
Message 12 of 26 (4,073 Views)

Download HP Photosmart Essential 1.9 which will override HP Image Zone Express, then proceed to uninstall. Worked for me.
Occasional Advisor
Terri Popiel
Message 13 of 26 (4,073 Views)

Additionally, in general, when you install programs or drivers, choose custom install rather than typical install, so you can leave out features that you don't want.
Occasional Advisor
Terri Popiel
Message 14 of 26 (4,073 Views)

Download HP Photosmart Essential 1.9 which will override HP Image Zone Express, then proceed to uninstall. Worked for me.
Occasional Visitor
PeteCh
Message 15 of 26 (4,073 Views)

Unfortunately, Photosmart Essential 1.9 has been replaced with v2.0, and it doesn't seem to have the same effect as v1.9.

Also, I can't seem to locate the Image Zone Express setup option that allows for an "Uninstall" which Ebenezer refers to.

Any additional thoughts would be great. Now, it's just getting aggravating knowing that this software is on my CPU.
Occasional Visitor
Dan Gregory
Message 16 of 26 (4,073 Views)

Brian, I was able to uninstall, but I have the CD. This may help. I re-ran the ImageZoneExpress.msi, found on the CD under:
setup\imagezoneexpress.
Even with a CD install, add/remove programs would not remove the s/w. I had to resort to re-running the msi. Even then it still left the following files in system32 that I manually removed:
HPZidr12.dll
HPZinw12.exe
HPZipm12.exe
HPZipr12.dll
HPZipt12.dll
HPZisn12.dll
But it no longer exists in add/remove programs and registry entries for it are gone, but may other HP related are still there.
Good Luck,
-Dan
Occasional Visitor
PeteCh
Message 17 of 26 (4,073 Views)

That worked for me. Thanks.
Occasional Visitor
Big_B
Message 18 of 26 (4,073 Views)

It may be too late, but I got a solution.

As Terri Popiel said before, you can fix this problem by installing Photosmart Essential 1.9, then uninstalling it.

Unfortunately, Photosmart Essential 1.9 has been replaced with v2.0, which don't have the same effect as V1.9.
V1.9 is no longer available for download on THIS site, BUT, however, is available on other sites.

A link that I found on the net for Photosmart Essential 1.9:
http://www.softwarepatch.pl/plik/4213/27/135/grafika/HP-Photosmart-Essential-19.html
(Click on the download sign containing the words Pobierz plik).

My backup upload:
http://rapidshare.com/files/77315440/hppse1.9.0.9enu.exe.html

Photosmart Essential 1.9 seems to remove and replace Image Zone Express. Then you can easily remove Photosmart Essential 1.9, as you would uninstall any other software.
Occasional Advisor
Terri Popiel
Message 19 of 26 (4,073 Views)

I believe that what I did was install the version that came with my HP printer to override the free one.
Occasional Visitor
Cynthia Reed
Message 20 of 26 (4,073 Views)

Glad I found this thread.

I downloaded Photosmart Essential 1.9 using the link above and it worked perfectly. It replaced Image Zone Express then I removed it using the program's uninstall feature.

Woohoo!
Occasional Visitor
threexk
Message 21 of 26 (4,070 Views)

I found a simpler solution on Windows XP. A working Image Zone Express uninstaller is actually on your system, just for whatever reason it fails to run from Add or Remove Programs. To find it:
1. Go to Start->Run... and open regedit.exe.(Don't worry, we're not changing anything in the registry; we're just viewing it.)
2. Edit->Find... and Find Next "HP Image Zone Express". Repeatedly Find Next until you find a page with a key name LocalPackage and a path such as C:\Windows\Installer\d63e8.msi. This is the Image Zone Express uninstaller. (The exact filename may vary, but should look similar and end in .msi.)
3. Start->Run... and open the file in the value of LocalPackage. (e.g. C:\Windows\Installer\d63e8.msi.)
4. Choose Remove.

Hope this helps someone.
Occasional Visitor
aaasss
Message 22 of 26 (4,070 Views)

The method suggested by threexk works perfectly fine!! and it is also quite quick. I definately recomend it if you feel confortable using the regedit funtion.
Cheers mate!
Occasional Visitor
colie2k
Message 23 of 26 (4,070 Views)

Thank you SO much! After much frustration of not being able to find the CD and not being able to uninstall it, this worked!!! Thank you!

----------------------------------------------
May 25, 2009 23:51:46 GMT Unassigned

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found a simpler solution on Windows XP. A working Image Zone Express uninstaller is actually on your system, just for whatever reason it fails to run from Add or Remove Programs. To find it:
1. Go to Start->Run... and open regedit.exe.(Don't worry, we're not changing anything in the registry; we're just viewing it.)
2. Edit->Find... and Find Next "HP Image Zone Express". Repeatedly Find Next until you find a page with a key name LocalPackage and a path such as C:\Windows\Installer\d63e8.msi. This is the Image Zone Express uninstaller. (The exact filename may vary, but should look similar and end in .msi.)
3. Start->Run... and open the file in the value of LocalPackage. (e.g. C:\Windows\Installer\d63e8.msi.)
4. Choose Remove.

Hope this helps someone.
Occasional Visitor
Adam Heiman
Message 24 of 26 (4,070 Views)

^^^^^^^^^^
||||||||||
This answer definitely fixed my problem.
Wish this entry was at the top of the thread. I would have saved about an hour. Keep in mind, when using regedit.exe, the result LocalPackage will be further down on your page of search results than your hilited search. If you pass it up, to repeat the search, collapse the expanded path in the explore column on the left, hilite my computer, and go to edit>find again. I accidentally passed it up the first time and this gave me trouble.
Other than that, the last entry was a great solution

Occasional Visitor
jane ponsonby
Message 25 of 26 (4,070 Views)

Thanks to the last post it worked well using the unistaller in Windows XP. I loved the first image zone but lost in when my computer was formatted and I don't have the disc. Does anyone know where i can get it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.