Re: non-operational controller (352 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Message 1 of 7 (443 Views)

non-operational controller

Hi,

I’m using performance center ver. 11. Our issue is, one of the controller statuses is indicating in ‘non-operational’ mode.

However, I verified the host status all are fine and task progress indicated in ‘success’ mode.        

Even If I changed the mode to ‘operational’ again it revert to non-operational value. How to resolve this issue.

Error snap attached with this.,

Thanks in advance.

=)

HP Expert
Message 2 of 7 (408 Views)

Re: non-operational controller

Hello

This may be due to many possible causes, please verify the problematic host has enough free space aqnd also run a systm health check from lab management, that hopefully will give us a more detailed information about the problem.

regards

Advisor
Message 3 of 7 (375 Views)

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem similar to the one which was given in above problem description . Can someone please help me out on a solution for this. 

I noticed my controller has enough of free space 

And I tried the system health check and only the "check connectivity between the controller and load generators " option doesnt seem to end for the  problematic controller but the others check are all successful.

Please help me on this. Thanks

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Message 4 of 7 (352 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

A few days back I too face the same problem but not with Controller. It was Load Generator.

I clicked the 'Reconfigure Host' button available on the top Menu bar & it started working fine.

You can also check with this option once.

Please let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Pratim

Advisor
Message 5 of 7 (341 Views)

Hi,

Thanks a ton its workin.. But What does the reconfiure host actually do? would it lead to some problems in the future

HP Expert
Message 6 of 7 (336 Views)

HI Edward

Reconfigure Host performs several activities in the host machine. From the PC Administrative Guide: Reconfiguring a host resets the host license, the Performance Center system user, and the Communication Security passphrase on the host machine.

As Editus said, this problem has several possible causes, some temporally (like network delay) and some that need investigation.

I suggest you restart the problematic Host, run the Reconfigure Host and later the System Health to check more in deep.

Advisor
Message 7 of 7 (324 Views)

hi, Thanks a ton for all your suggestions .

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.