VuGen scripts for Quality Center (637 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Sneha Rao
Message 1 of 8 (637 Views)

VuGen scripts for Quality Center

We're trying to generate VuGen scripts for Quality Center. If anyone has tried this, please let me know what protocols were used in doing so. There is also a set of scripts and some header file and dlls by HP but we have reached a road block there with a parameter called 'Recalculate' which generates some sort of a binary value. Unfortunately, we arne't able to locate the code to calculate this and have no idea how the values are being generated. If anyone has any info on this too, please shed some light on it.
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Prashanth T
Message 2 of 8 (637 Views)

Re: VuGen scripts for Quality Center

Hello Sneha,

I guess you are trying to use the HP Performance Kit for QC that comes along with QC. Even I had the same problems as you had and it was a tough time to crack the code and most of them related with the dll files. I followed up a lot with the HP guys to help me to customize it to our environment but they were not in a great position to help. So, those scripts are really tough to crack and the help file with it is not of much help.

The easiest way out, which I did was to record my own scripts with the Web(HTTP/HTML) protocol. It needs few manual correlations of conststr values for a successful execution.

Hope it helps.

Thanks
Prashanth T
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Sneha Rao
Message 3 of 8 (637 Views)

Hey Prashanth,

Thanks for replying. Yes i did try recording them with the web protocol. How did you correlate those conststr values? when i record the script and check the server response, nothing displays in the server response or in the view source. When i record the script, the body of the response is being shown as 'BodyBinary' in the script and the text in the body has '{' and '}' which LR identifies as a parameter as they are parameter delimiters. Do i need to change the delimiters to something else so that LR wont take the entire body as a parameter (which is what its doing now)?
Also, the body contains some values like X5C000019 and so on. When i run the script as is, it throws a 403 error. A pdf file that came with the kit suggests that we add a parameter to the run.bat file on the webserver side to remove any authentication. Tried this but no use.

Also, it records a session id, which i'm not able to capture through correlation as the response for the previous request doesn't come through correctly. And the previous request is where the conststr and binary body begins. Please let me know how you correlated the conststr.
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Prashanth T
Message 4 of 8 (637 Views)

Hello Sneha,

You need to take the help of the generation log for correlating values for QC scripts. The server response will not be of much help and the script is mostly based on custom_requests. Search for the conststr value in the generation log and correlate using web_reg_save_param accordingly. Once you are through with the first page then you can proceed further with your session id and other strings in a similar fashion.

The pdf needs to be referred only if you are using the kit. Since you are not using the kit and doing the scripting on your own, you can make your own way of solving the issue :)

Thanks
Prashanth T
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
vskiran
Message 5 of 8 (637 Views)

Hi,
I am facing "Session Authentication Failed" issue while running the scripts I created for load testing QC.

cAN ANY ONE please let me know how to correlate to fix the issue ?
{\r\n
Action.c(87): 0:"1:str:0",\r\n
Action.c(87): 1:\\00000016\\15:str:DHA00730-SLRP03,\r\n
Action.c(87): 2:\\00000d04\\3323:str:The session authentication has failed.\n
Action.c(87): Error Code: 1077\n
Action.c(87): [ERR_SEP]Messages:\n
Action.c(87): Unexpected failure while trying to ping user session #2560;\n
Action.c(87): The session authentication has failed.;\n
Action.c(87): \n
Action.c(87): Stack Trace:\n
Action.c(87): com.mercury.optane.core.CTdException: The session authentication has failed.\r\n
Action.c(87): at com.mercury.td.tdserver.authentication.CLoginContextDirectory.getItem(CLoginContextDire
Action.c(87): ctory.java:113)\r\n
Action.c(87): at com.mercury.td.tdserver.api.logics.CMiscLogic.pingSession(CMiscLogic.java:148)\r\n
Action.c(87): \twrapped in com.mercury.optane.core.exception.CPingSessionException: Unexpected failure w
Action.c(87): hile trying to ping user session #2560\r\n
Action.c(87): at com.mercury.td.tdserver.api.logics.CMiscLogic.pingSession(CMiscLogic.java:177)\r\n
Action.c(87): at com.mercury.td.tdserver.requests.PingToServer.execute(PingToServer.java:27)\r\n
Action.c(87): at com.mercury.optane.core.web.RequestsDispatcher.execute(RequestsDispatcher.java:87)\r\n
Action.c(87): at com.mercury.optane.core.web.CAbsServlet.executeFunction(CAbsServlet.java:547)\r\n
Action.c(87): at com.mercury.optane.core.web.CAbsServlet.processRequest(CAbsServlet.java:539)\r\n
Action.c(87): at com.mercury.td.web.server.CTdServlet.processRequest(CTdServlet.java:292)\r\n
Action.c(87): at com.mercury.optane.core.web.CAbsServlet.doPost(CAbsServlet.java:423)\r\n
Action.c(87): at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)\r\n
Action.c(87): at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)\r\n
Action.c(87): at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain
Action.c(87): .java:252)\r\n
Action.c(87): at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:17
Action.c(87): 3)\r\n
Action.c(87): at com.hp.qc.core.utils.gzipfilter.GZIPFilter.doFilter(GZIPFilter.java:23)\r\n
Action.c(87): at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain
Action.c(87): .java:202)\r\n
Action.c(87): at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:17
Action.c(87): at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81)\r\n
Action.c(87): .java:202)\r\n
Please use plain text.
Advisor
aroorajith
Message 6 of 8 (637 Views)

Guys,

I found the solution and working fine for me.

We need to make a registry file authentication as fasle and record the script with HTTP protocol.

Once the script is recorded, you can see body with encrypted binary value.

Create a manual correlation above your username and password request.
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
manojfmbang
Message 7 of 8 (637 Views)

hi,

So you are monitoring the QC without authentication?

Regards
Manoj
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
kucerjan
Message 8 of 8 (403 Views)

[ Edited ]

http://www.sqaforums.com/attachments/638733-QC10Recording.doc

This is what is meant by non-authenticated monitoring.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation