Unable to playback Vugen script which contains NTLM authentication with a HTTPS SSO site. 401 Error (1631 Views)
Valued Contributor
Imran J
Message 1 of 5 (1,631 Views)

Unable to playback Vugen script which contains NTLM authentication with a HTTPS SSO site. 401 Error

There is a requirement in our project where a particular site should be accessed by any windows local user (The user name is not specific and only criteria is that username should be a local user). The system throws access denied error if it finds the user belongs to any domain groups. I created a local user and accessed the site manually with no problems but when it comes to load runner. I receive 401 Authorization error.

I have tried many options out of which few of main options I am listing below

1) Played the script with WinInet replay engine for which I receive following error
Error -27492: "HttpSendRequest" failed, Windows error code=12045 (invalid Certification Authority) and retry limit (0) exceeded for URL="https://xyz.com

I know this is related to invalid/unverified certificate presented by server is there any way to bypass this error.

2) Recorded the script with WinInet engine and replayed with both sockets and wininet engine

3) Manually I have set the local user in the script using web_set_user(“machinename\\username”,”password”,”server:port”); as well tried “Use Windows NTLM Implementation” in Run time settings – > preferences – >options
Played the script through logging in as same user

4) Placed web_set_sockets_option("SSL_VERSION","TLS"); which I found after analyzing recording logs and was able to successfully negotiate/handshake manually with the settings applied in sockets option

5) Went through all the KB articles related to NTLM listed at HP support

Please note that in my previous assignment I had a similar NTLM Authentication requirement except that the user was a domain group one and the site was plain HTTP hosted on IIS where I was able to play the script successfully for more then 100 Vusers

As a basis for start please find below the header information from my previous project and current project (In which I am facing the issue)

Header information for NTLM with HTTPS (Current Project)

HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized\r\n
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 04:20:26 GMT\r\n
Server: Oracle-Application-Server-10g/10.1.2.2.0 Oracle-HTTP-Server\r\n
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=dfa863d232de0e579b63e2308b817a35eea115d43e015802925292cbb537a420.e38Oa38KbNiSci0Pb3uQbxqObhv0n6jAmljGr5XDqQLvpAe;
path=/sso; secure\r\n
Cache-Control: private\r\n
WWW-Authenticate: Negotiate\r\n
WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="SSO"\r\n
Connection: close\r\n
Transfer-Encoding: chunked\r\n
Content-Type: application/octet-stream\r\n

Header information for NTLM with HTTP (Previous project)

HTTP/1.1 200 OK\r\n
Action.c( Cache-Control: max-age=2592000\r\n
Content-Length: 52\r\n
Content-Type: image/gif\r\n
Last-Modified: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 11:06:37 GMT\r\n
Accept-Ranges: bytes\r\n
ETag: "c05a8cade57c61:5897"\r\n
Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0\r\n
MicrosoftSharePointTeamServices: 6.0.2.6568\r\n
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET\r\n
WWW-Authenticate: Negotiate oYGgMIGdoAMKAQChCwYJKoZIgvcSAQICooGIBIGFYIGCBgkqhkiG9xIBAgICAG9zMHGgAwIBBaEDAgEPomUwY6ADAgEXolwEWjWFaVgp4N4mCfH7+6tW0clID+KqztazVF1nfTPgAUXqx2vKF5+p+zosRcWW1rde8gZLbwWMeafEvGHr9MUxENyIDlG3W0tTuWdRsVIFg0OkVbfo9mJADDSIUg==\r\n

You are resource limited only by your imagination
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Jyoti Prakash
Message 2 of 5 (1,631 Views)

Re: Unable to playback Vugen script which contains NTLM authentication with a HTTPS SSO site. 401 Error

what function u are using for certficate? Also u need to convert your certificate to .pem type
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Imran J
Message 3 of 5 (1,631 Views)

Re: Unable to playback Vugen script which contains NTLM authentication with a HTTPS SSO site. 401 Error

Hi Jyoti,

The certificate presented by the server is invalid and manually we bypass it by adding it to exception. In LR as u told I have tried all options used both web_set_cer and web...set..ex
functions but still same response.
You are resource limited only by your imagination
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
ashwininaik
Message 4 of 5 (1,491 Views)

Re: Unable to playback Vugen script which contains NTLM authentication with a HTTPS SSO site. 401 Er

Hi ,

I am getting same error while replay  " Invalid NTLM type 2 message: NTLM" Please help how to over come this.

Thanks,

Ashwini

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
silverb
Message 5 of 5 (1,440 Views)

Re: Unable to playback Vugen script which contains NTLM authentication with a HTTPS SSO site. 401 Er

Did you hever get an solution to your problem?

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation