Re: Think Time between two group in the same scenarios (421 Views)
Occasional Contributor
SamDN
Message 1 of 7 (459 Views)

Think Time between two group in the same scenarios

Hi,I have two groups in the same scenario.I should simulate follow as:

1. Executing the Script A;
  2. Wait 15 minutes when the script A ended
  3. Executing the script B

I done some tries:

I inserted a think time in the script B in the v_init, but when the script A ends, the vusers of script B fails after some minutes of wait. 
How can i insert a wait time between two groups in the same scenario?
Thank you

Regards

Honored Contributor
AlanBooth
Message 2 of 7 (452 Views)

Re: Think Time between two group in the same scenarios

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Is there a dependency on data created by the A group needed in the B group?

Occasional Contributor
SamDN
Message 3 of 7 (450 Views)

I'm testing a workflow.

In this workflow there are six steps:the script A executes the first three steps, at the end a job is launched and after 15 minutes the script B should execute the last three steps.
I would run the scenario with two scripts with 1 vusers for script A and 1 vusers for script B: the vusers 1 executes the script A; when script A finished, the run should remain in stand by for 15 minutes and after the vuser 2 executes script B.
if i insert in the script B, in the vuser_init, a think time of 900 seconds, the scenarios doesn't remain 15 minutes in stand by.

Thanks

Advisor
krunal85
Message 4 of 7 (447 Views)

Hi Sam,

Are these both groups ending at same time ? let me know the schedule setting (i.e duration). If script A has finished the iteration and that Vuser has logged out then you can count that time + 15 mins (stand by time) and let's say it equals to "Z".

Now you can start the script B with delay of  "Z" min. you can change that in schedule setting.

Honored Contributor
AlanBooth
Message 5 of 7 (444 Views)

Since I do not know your workflow I will answer generally.

Normally for this type of work I would run a scenario using just the A script to pre-populate the data needed for group B. I would use the Virtual Table Server (VTS) (can be downloaded from the self serve knowlege base) to store what ever is unique from the A script to use in the B script to finish the workflow if that is needed. If not and you just run a script that pulls from the top of something in your app just make sure you have enough of script A processesed so that you do not run out of data for B. If there is something unique generated in the A script then the B script could pull that off the top of a table in the VTS while new entries are added by the A script when you run the combined scenario.

Hope this helps.

Alan

Occasional Contributor
SamDN
Message 6 of 7 (426 Views)

Thank you very much for your answers.

I resolved the problem. 

The scenario remains in stand by for 15 min if i insert a new script (script C) between scrip A and script B.

I inserted alone a long think time In the script C. So, the scenario remained in stand by for the minutes that i wish.

Thanks

Trusted Contributor
Oliver Lloyd
Message 7 of 7 (421 Views)

Don;t knock it if it works... You know, if you posted a more detailed description of what you want to achieve (and why) you'd be surprised at the variety of possibilities - there's lots ot learn out there in the LR world.  But can you do me one favour? Can you rename Script C to something else, maybe longPause? The thought of having Script C inserted inbetween Script A and Script B will keep me awake at night.

Oliver
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.