Re: The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. (1857 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Message 1 of 5 (1,920 Views)

The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect.

Every morning i perform the action "Check System" on the page System Health in Lab Management.

Every day i get three failed tasks.

On three machines, two Load Generators and the Controller.

On all three the message says: The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect.

Reconfiguring the host will solve the problem, until the next day.

The i have to start all over again.

We are using Pefromance Center 11.50 on Windows 2008 sp2.

Any idea how to solve this?

HP Expert
Message 2 of 5 (1,868 Views)

Re: The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect.

Hi,

Could you please check the following:

Go to Start -> Run -> dcomcnfg  
Go to Component Services -> Computers -> My Computer -> DCOM Config  
Wlrun.LrEngine -> right click -> Properties -> Identity   
Make a screenshot  and upload it to the post

In addition, please log into Site Administration on your ALM client machine and go to Lab Management -> Lab_Project -> LAB_PC_SETTINGS.  Make a screenshot  and upload it to the post

The user in Identity and in LAB_PC_SETTINGS  should be one and the same and if you have not changed it, it should be IUSR_METRO 

Kind regards,

HP Support
If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give Kudos to the author for their assistance.
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor
Message 3 of 5 (1,857 Views)

Re: The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect.

It appears that on both places the user is IUSR_METRO

HP Expert
Message 4 of 5 (1,846 Views)

Hi,

Please open a case with support as the issue will require more detailed investigation.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Vesela

HP Support
If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give Kudos to the author for their assistance.
Advisor
Message 5 of 5 (1,127 Views)

I am getting a similar error with HP ALM 11.52 while attempting to run a remote test without being logged into the remote host.  Can you please point me to the source of these instructions in an official HP document?

I am looking for a reference on how to configure remote test runs, both on the client side and server side.  Quite a few references suggest keeping a login open to the remote machine but that is not a workable solution for us.  Is there any official documentation on this?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.